Finally, Missy smiled and she gave me a friendly punch on the shoulder, just like she did the first time that I met her. 

"Why are you remaining here then? Let's go, dude!" she exclaimed at me and she grabbed my hand and pulled me into the direction of the orphanage. That girl sure had a strong grip. 

"Wait-"

"My name's Missy, by the way," she interrupted me, "But you seem to already know about it." She chuckled and continued to pull me towards the building. "Is it your first time coming at the orphanage? I never saw you here before. Well, I'm not myself a frequent comer but I come from time to time. The kids are awesome!"

We stepped inside the building and we were met with a middle aged woman, with glasses, sitting behind a counter, looking at a few documents in front of her. It looked like a reception. 

"Hello, Greta!" Missy greeted the woman with a smile, waving at her with one hand, while her other hand didn't let go of me. The said Greta looked up at us briefly before looking back down.

"Hello, Missy, you've come back," Greta commented, the boredom clear in her tone, and she pushed her glasses back, "Who is that young man with you? Your mom won't be happy."

Missy rolled her eyes.

"This is Declan, Greta, my buddy," Missy said, emphasizing on the word 'buddy', and she let go of me to pass her arm around my shoulder. "He came to play with the kids. I'm sure that they are going to adore him."

"Aha," Greta simply replied and she yawned, covering her mouth with her hand, "As long as he doesn't scare them for life, I don't care."

"Cool then. See you later!" Missy chanted and she started pushing me away.

"Hey, you forgot to sign in the attendance book!" Greta shouted at us.

"We'll do that later!" Missy shouted back and we soon found ourselves in an empty corridor with many doors. I was slightly lost.

"Hey, wait, what am I supposed to do exactly?" I asked Missy, feeling completely dumb right now, and I was wondering what I just got myself into. Maybe I should have thought twice before deciding to come here.

I just wanted to be with Pierre a little bit. 

A few weeks had passed since we started dating and all we ever did was chatting during the night and sometimes during the weekend. The only time that I was actually close to him physically was during that one detention. I thought that I could change that by coming here but it felt like I just got myself into some bigger mess. 

"Oh, right, you're a newbie," Missy remembered and she started to explain how things usually worked at the orphanage, "Okay, so normally some volunteers come to help here when they are a few donations but today there aren't any, so we are just going to entertain the little humans. There are a few activities organized for them and we're gonna help with those, free of charge of course." 

She gave me another friendly push and I asked myself once again what the hell I was doing here. Well, what I needed to do didn't seem too difficult and since I was already here, I might as well participate. It would be a little bit of change for me. Though, I still needed some guidance and since Missy was the little one around, I ended up asking her to stay with me for a little while.

I wasn't sure what to think of her yet. She didn't look that bad to me so far. Well, she could be easily be playing a role with me, she was a member of the drama club after all, but for now, I guessed that I was just going to trust the feeling that she was giving me.

I was still going to be careful though.

Missy asked me to follow her and we continued to walk through the corridor. We passed by a few people, who she informed me work here, and soon, I began to hear a few noises. We stepped into a small hall and the first thing that I saw was some kids running around. Some were gathered into groups, some seemed older than the other, some were simply shouting, while some were sitting quietly around an adult who was talking to them. I simply didn't know where to focus my eyes.