Chapter 19

*Alex's pov. *

The very next morning,  I woke up early.  Last night I made a Get Well basket for Jackie.  I plan on giving it to him today.  I made a card and added some chocolate, flowers,  and a toy.  The toy is just some fart slime.  But I think he'll like it.  He seems to like weird things. 

After changing,  and getting ready for the day,  I put on my shoes and tell my mom that I'm going out. 

"Where are you going?"

"To my friends house. "

"And where is that?? "

"Right down the road, mom. "

"Do you need a ride? "

"No,  it's walking distance. "

"Okay then..  Be safe. "

"Okay I will,  bye, love you. "

"Love you,  bye. "

I leave,  closing the door behind me,  basket in hand. 

It's around 11 am.
So I hope they'll be awake.

It doesn't feel like long before I get to his house.  Kenneths car still in the drive way.  He must've spent the night. Or came back early in the morning. Either way,  he's here. 

It's discretely so awkward between us now.  I wish I hadn't made such a big deal out of his secrets.  He's right,  after all.  It's none of my business. I wonder if it's too late now to say sorry. Since it really was all my fault. The thing that sucks even more,  is how I can't even call him my ex,  since we never made it official.  It almost feels like he was using me. They always did say to stay away from seniors. Jeez,  what was i doing??  He's way too old for me.

And poor Jackie. I feel bad for him. Snatched, raped, beaten, and disposed. Scary stuff. He said he was going to do something like that to me, but I know he was just mad. Talk about karma. Outta be careful about what you say, I guess. They should really contact the police about this. Take him to a hospital.  Get him professional help. I'm pretty sure that would've been the appropriate thing to do.

I knocked on the door. A few seconds later,  I heard footsteps coming. I see a face in the little window on the door. It almost makes me jump. The door opens and I'm let in,  by Jacquees.

"Hey, good to see you again.  Really,  thanks for your help last night. "

"Good to see you too.  And ah,  don't give me so much credit.  If you hadn't came to my house looking for him, I would've never been able to help out! It was you and Kenneth, really. "

He sighed and sat next to a sleeping Kenneth,  on the couch. I watched as he readjusted Kenneths blanket.

It's cute how he looks after him.

"Is Jackie still sleeping? I brought something for him. "

"You can check, if you want,  he's in there. "
He gestured towards,  what I assume is his room.

"Okay."

My hand grabs the doorknob.  I realize how hard my heart is beating.  I'm nervous.  We weren't really on the best terms,  last time we spoke.

I opened the door.

Jackie stared at me from his beanbag chair. A controller in his hand.

"Uh,  can I come in?"

He nods.

"I brought you a gift-"

"A gift?! "