"Hi, I'm Mercury," said Mercury with a kind, polite smile. She wanted to say 'Hi, Donovan' but she thought he would be weirded out if she knew his name. Truth is GoldenFalls was such a small town that everyone knew everyone and nothing ever happened.

Donovan on the other hand, just nodded his head acknowledging her presence. He didn't want to speak more to her because he hated her. He felt the more he talked to her the more he'll like her since she was so nice. No one was ever this nice to him. He didn't want to like anyone.

Mercury noticed his nod. However, the six year old girl did not want to end their communication right there. She wanted to talk to him more. The bubbly six year old was hyper and sort of talkative at times.

"Aren't you nervous about going to middle school? In the TV middle school is the place where kids turn more weird," Mercury said making absolutely no sense. Donovan was first confused on how well the six year old could speak. When he was six he remembers learning how to speak.

"Child, what are you saying. You make no sense. You baffle me with your stupidity," Donovan said. Mercury was confused with the words he was using. She didn't know what at least three of those words meant. She didn't know he was being rude, because she didn't know what he was saying. Instead she gave him a smile.

She jumped happily when she heard the ice cream truck, moments later. As her mother knew what she was going to ask she quickly gave her daughter five dollars. Since, the mothers were having a conversation they told Donovan to accompany her to the truck.

Mercury was happily walking towards the truck with her five dollars in her hand and Donovan beside her. Donovan then saw his only Friend Alec riding his skateboard near the ice cream truck. Alec then saw Donovan and skated towards him and the tiny young girl beside him.

  Alec knew who the girl was. Donovan was always talking about how much he hated her. Alec remembers a lot of conversations of Donovan talking about Mercury, because there was many.

   Meanwhile, Mercury was looking all over the ice cream truck trying to figure out what to get. There was a line with around three people in front of her and Donovan. Alec was now beside Donovan.

"Hey, what's up." Alec said while him and Donovan shook hands. Donovan just gave him an annoyed look and pointed to Mercury.

"My mom has me on stupid babysitting duty because she's trying to get gossip from that hippie," Donovan spat angrily. He and everyone in town knew for a fact Sarah was weird. Sarah, Mercury's mother, was some plant loving weirdo that always smelled like cannabis. Although, the town knew for a fact that lady was weird they loved Mercury.

Alec simply laughed at Donovan's anger. Donovan then looked around remembering why he was at the ice cream truck. Mercury was still confused on what to get.

"Hurry up what do you want," Donovan said angrily. Mercury kept thinking on what to get. She was really bad on making decisions quickly. She then concluded on what she want. She decided to play it safe and get Oreo.

"Can you get me that one," she softly said to Donovan while pointing to the picture of the ice cream.

"I'll take that one," Donovan said to the ice cream man.

"That'll be 1.99" Donovan gave him the five dollar bill that Mercury had. He received the change and noticed that Mercury wasn't expecting any. He wanted to keep it but then felt bad so he gave it to her.

Mercury noticed him looking at her ice cream a lot when she got it, so she asked Donovan to get her another one.
She thinks she has enough for more. She honestly didn't know how much money really was, she was guessing.

Donovan ordered another one and saw her not reach out for it. He thought that maybe because of their height difference she didn't see.

"Mercury, here's your ice cream," said Donovan try to give the ice cream to her. He bent down to her level and tried giving it to her, but she just giggled. He felt like she was making fun of him so he angrily got up and yelled.

"Take you stupid fucking ice cream," as quick as he said the words as quick as he regretted speaking. Luckily no one heard him but Alec, but Mercury seemed a bit hurt.

"The ice cream is yours, I got it for you." Mercury said. Mercury had such a golden heart, she still wanted him to keep the ice cream. Alec then made a face towards Donovan.

"Dude, chill the hell down she's like six. She got an ice cream to your rude ass." Alec whispered to Donovan, defending Mercury. Alec felt bad for Mercury. A young child shouldn't be hearing those words. Donovan on the other hand felt guilty.

"He's sorry about what he said. Want me to push you on the swings," said Alec. As soon as he mentioned pushing her on the swings all was forgotten about Donovan. Mercury smiled and said yes.

Donovan didn't follow them to the swings. He watched from afar as he didn't want to say anything mean to Mercury. He genuinely felt bad and hated his short temper. He hoped that in the future he wouldn't be so angry. It was a bad habit he desperately wanted to get rid of.