CHAPTER 20

Anan.

The next day I'm setting the dining table. it's not my job but, don't I always do jobs that aren't mine?. They should just change my status from Cook to worker or servant. I seem to always help people around, I guess it makes me feel a lot better of life.

These days I try to find anything that'll make me feel better about life, every single opportunity its like one in a lifetime because sometimes even though you thank God you know deep in your heart that your life isn't enough.

"Anan" Munira rose her eyebrow. Where did she suddenly appear from, Allah knows. "I've been talking to you for the past two minutes, are you even listening"

If it was another person I would say no, but this was Munira. Even if I lie to her I'd feel really bad and besides I have way too much respect for her, she despises lies no matter how little it is. As she said 'a lie is a lie, no matter how little it is"

I wonder if it ever struck her head that my whole entire life was a lie.

"I've been asking you whether I should respond to Faisal's date offer or not. He wants to get to know me"she says air quoting the 'get to know me'. Wonder why.

OhmyGod.

I didn't even hear her. Y'all have no idea but I am the biggest Munaisal stan. Munaisal as in Mun- Aisal. The first syllable of Munira's name and the last syllable of Faisal's name.

Yes, guys. That Faisal. The son of the governor of Mana City.

I didn't trust Mana men one bit but from the way Faisal looks at her, I could tell he would treat her right. She deserves happiness and I could guarantee he could give her that.

"Yes. You should, is that a question"I say in an obvious tone while continue setting the table. "Munira, I know he'll treat you right"

Munira nods slightly. She didn't say it but it was obvious she was about to agree. Who wouldn't, men like Faisal were rare to find. Just as she was about to speak again Ahsab graced the room with his presence, I could smell his amazing musky scent.

Gosh he smelt so nice.

Munira's body tensed and I placed my hand on top of hers. She shouldn't have anything to worry about, as long as I was here I wouldn't allow Ahsab to do anything to her. Physically Ahsab was stronger than me but still. Power doesn't lie on strength but instead on intentions.

"Angel"Ahsab says and I turned around to look at him. I was already used to him calling me that it's feel wrong if he called me anything else. He looked dashing as usual.

"Munira, please excuse us"he says and Munira nodded in reply. He actually sounded nice about it unlike all the time, clearly he's making some progress.

"Hey"I say tilting my head to the right. Ahsab and I were normal I guess, I didn't hate him anymore and I don't think he did me.

"Your advice actually worked yesterday"he says looking me straight in the eye. His eyes were beautiful, let me just tell you. They weren't even normal brown eyes that everyone had they were like greenish- golden or something.

"Really?"I ask though I knew it did. Sometimes all you need is a little bit of pushing and that's all.

"Yah"he says. "I'm thankful"

"Well"I grin. "I really really love junk food"I added hoping he would get the hint. Y'all can't blame me the key to my heart is food.

"Are you trying to lure me into buying you junk food?"he raised and eyebrow and smirked.

Why does he have to be so gorgeous?

"Maybe"I shrugged hoping he'd actually buy it.

"Okay then, let's order junk food"