CHAPTER 14

Anan.

So, I had always had a thing for babies who didn't. Their uplifting laugh and the always carefree look on their face could make even the saddest person in the world happy. A baby's laugh could bring smiles on thousand of people's faces every and anywhere yes, even at war.

So I wasn't really surprised when my cousin Adam asked me to babysit his two sons, Abdul Rahman who was 13 and Amir who was not one yet. In this whole Palace, I was probably the only one who could tolerate babies.

Everyone just seemed to hate their cries or the fact that they popped and peed a lot. In my opinion, they focused on the negative sides not the positive ones, I mean we were all going to be parents one day.

I know that Abdul Rahman wasn't a child and why would he even need a babysitter he was 13 for God's sake, but come on their mother was sick and was at the hospital so Adam just left his kids at my care.

I didn't mind anyways.

"Are you hungry"I ask Abdul Rahman who was sitting at the kitchen counter. It was immediately after lunch and everyone had gone to go and rest. I had already put Amir to sleep so I was with Abdul Rahman right know.

"A bit"he gruffly said. I raised one eyebrow but I just shrugged, he had already developed a deep voice, when my aunt Aunt Amira's son went into puberty she begged him to not talk like that and when he continued she cried because her son had grown up.

I shook my head and made my way to the fridge, no I wasn't making him Ramen Noodles not everyone was as obsessed as me. I was making him crèpe, it was a French pastry and probably the easiest thing I learnt at the states, it was kind of like pancakes but way way better.

It didn't take me long to make it since I already had it mixed, So I simply sliced the chicken and beef with veggies then mixed it mayonnaise and ketchup, yes guys my crèpes were extra. After I was done with frying it, I inserted the mix inside, decorated it with leaves and put butter around then paired it up with orange juice for him. If it was me I would just take it with coffee but it wasn't me.

I sat next to him waiting for him to taste it he struggled using the utensils before finally plopping a bite in his mouth. "You don't have to use a fork, you can use your hands"I chuckled. "How is it"I beam. He drank the juice before replying.

"Really good, I should go to culinary school myself."he says. I smile, he probably has nothing to worry about. I wish that was how I was when I was 13, but that was probably the worst time of my life, 13-14-15. Worst time of my life.

"How's school"I ask. I never hated school, that was something about me, I never hated school. I loved it, in fact. The fact that you could learn new things every day but I guess that wasn't written for me. If I didn't work for the Royal family of Mana, I would probably pursue a career in Automobile Engineering, I loved cars.

"Not bad, as long as I get to leave this place everyday"he replies.

"I feel you"I let out a laugh. "But you'll have a choice one day".

If you were a male and were born in the Palace, you had three choices to work as driver and imam or to leave. Yes, you had the choice to leave. But you didn't have any choice as a female, what your mother was that's what you'll be. I mean they needed as much cooks and maids as possible.

"I guess you're right"he nods. For the rest of the time, we talked about school and life. What he wanted to be in the future and all, he was pretty interesting to talk to. And after some time I made a bottle of milk for Amir and gave him to give it to him, in case he woke up that I would soon be there. Telling him I wanted to go collect something from Munira, when I actually wanted to go check up on her.