t w e n t y f i v e

Hayze lathered the sun screen all over Rosie as she squirmed around and tried to push his hands away from her

Hayze lathered the sun screen all over Rosie as she squirmed around and tried to push his hands away from her. "Stop it Rosie. Be good for papa."

Rosie continued to squirm and whine until he was finished covering her in sunscreen and she only calmed down when he picked her up again off the bed and he held her in his arms.

River came up with a mug with a straw in it and he peaked into her cup. "What is it River?"

"Tangy, fruit smoothie. Want a try?"

He nodded and leaned down as River brought the straw to his lips. He took a few big sips and nodded, the refreshing feeling hitting him. "Yummy."

When River pulled back to take another sip, Rosie grabbed for it so River brought the straw to her lips so she could try it. Rosie knocked the straw out of the mug as she grabbed at the mug and Hayze chuckled.

River sighed and picked up the straw. "I'll go get a spoon so I can give her some. Be right back."

Hayze watched as River turned to go down the stairs, his eyes trained to her plump ass that bounced slightly as she made her way down. He burst out laughing when Rosie reached up and covered his eyes.

"Smart girl," he tsked. "But it mines to look at." He stuck out his tongue playfully and Rosie copied him shakily, though it started to turn into a yawn.

He chuckled and pressed a kiss to her cheek to which she copied. "My sweet Rosie. Just like her mama."

"Ma ma ma ma," Rosie squealed. 

He smiled and set her down on the bed before he turned on his phone and connected it to his speaker. He turned on the music and laughed when Rosie sat up and began bouncing in place on the bed, her eyes trained to Hayze as he bobbed his head playfully. He added his shoulders in next and Rosie giggled happily as she watched her father dance.

River came up the stairs, a look of shock on her face before her lips lifted into a grin. Hayze slid over to her and grabbed the smoothie in one hand to place it down before he grabbed her hand and spun River around.

He instructed River to step back and then forward with him and she happily followed along, cheerful giggles escaping her soft lips as he danced with her around the room. 

Rosie bounced and hit her hands against the bed, little happy giggles escaping her as well. "Ma ma ma."

River looked over before she quickly hopped over and she picked Rosie up from the bed before making her way back over to Hayze. 

He collected the two into his strong arms and danced with them until the next two songs had ended and the sun was setting over the water. The music slowed as the three stared out of their full length window towards the crystal water reflecting colors of orange, yellow and pink.

Rosie rested her cheek over River's breasts as she yawned and gripped the collar of her one piece, sheer bathing suit. "Are you getting tired Rosie?"

Rosie nuzzled into her and she smiled softly before placing a kiss on her forehead. "Come on baby. Lets get you ready for bed."

Hayze watched as River walked around the room with Rosie in her arms, her long black hair cascading around her waist like a waterfall, swaying like her hips did as she walked. She looked beautiful. He meant it when he said it back in the water.

There was no way he'd be able to fall for another woman.

She was a great wife. A great mother. And a great friend. He couldn't have asked for more.

He watched as she carefully changed Rosie's diaper and she let her taste the icy smoothie before she put her into a little t-shirt. River climbed into the bed and slipped the sleeve of her bathing suit down one shoulder before pulling her breast out and lifting Rosie up to her.

Rosie immediately latched on and began suckling happily from her mama, her eyes trained on her beautiful mamas face as she smiled and cooed down at her.

Rosie's eyes twinkled as she watched her mama softly talk to her, lulling her to sleep with her soft voice. Her tiny hand lifted and she touched River's cheek as her eyes started to close, sleep and peace settling on her. 

Hayze shook his head and smiled to himself at how perfect everything felt. Things weren't perfect but he was happy with where he was at the moment. 

A happy family and someone to rely on and love was more than he could have ever asked for.

Perfect may not exist, but this was his version of perfect.