f o u r

Hayze bounced his left foot on the floor of his sports car as he waited at the red light

Hayze bounced his left foot on the floor of his sports car as he waited at the red light. An impatient groan escaped his mouth and he checked the gold and wooden watch River had gotten him as a vintage gift. She was too good to him.

"Hayze," River said softly as she placed her small hand over his left hand on the steering wheel. Her rose wedding band glinted in the setting sun. He looked from the road to River and his icy blue eyes immediately softened at the sight of the small, precious smile pulling at her lips. "Don't be anxious. We'll see our baby soon."

Hayze nodded and grasped her hand, kissing the back of it delicately and brushing the tip of his nose over her soft skin. "I know... i'm excited and-" he had been working on speaking his mind more often with her. He planned to set an example for both his wife and his new little baby. "I'm nervous too. I know how much we both hate bringing this up, but the last time you got an ultra sound, the baby was no longer there. There's just always a-a slight fear towards those things."

She looked up at him and shook her head. "My love, I know that was scary, but I know for sure, the baby is healthy and strong. It has your genes. Of course our baby will be fine," she said as she smiled down at her slight bump and caressed it. "You take good care of our baby and me. It'll be fine."

Hayze let out a small shaky exhale just as a car beeped their horn loudly. "Sh-t!" he cursed and she laughed softly. 

"Go on Hayze, so we can see our little baby."

°•○●○•°

Hayze watched the screen anxiously. Everything looked like black and white to him, so when the doctor first pointed out their baby, he just stared ahead blankly.

The lady moved the gel around and he chuckled  when River let out a little squeal, expressing how cold it was on her soft, creamy skin. He kissed her forehead lightly, however his eyes never left the screen.

"Oh, here you go. You can see your baby much better now," the doctor said with a adoring smile at the two. She had been on their little journey for a while now and had witnessed their progress first hand. Seeing a life developed was such a privilege for her. But seeing three peoples lives progress was amazing and sweet. "You two said you wanted to know the gender so... it is a girl."

Hayze's face lit up in awe and joy and River burst into happy tears.

"I'll give you two a minute," the doctor said softly before stepping out of the room quietly. closing the door behind her.

Hayze pulled River in close and pressed a passionate kiss to her lips. She pushed against his chest when he drew out the kiss for too long and pulled away breathlessly, her cheeks flushed with color. "I'm trying to see my baby!" she squealed, pushing his head back with the palm of her hand.

He narrowed his eyes at her before looking back at the screen and once again his face lit up brightly. "This is amazing," he breathed. "I love you River," he said softly, grasping her smaller hand in his. 

She smiled and lifted his hand to kiss the back of it, her honey-green eyes never leaving the ultrasound of their new little baby girl. "Ti amo, Hayze. Ti amo."

"