s i x t e e n

Hayze was pushed out of the room before he could hold his beautiful baby girl

Hayze was pushed out of the room before he could hold his beautiful baby girl. Before he could say goodbye.

He must have looked weak as he dropped to the ground and sobbed there outside his wife's hospital room. But then there was someone there to hold him together.

Rudi

Hayze didn't care that Rudi had betrayed his trust. He still hugged him there on the floor and cried onto his brother's shoulder.

Somehow he knew. Somehow he found them. And here he was, holding Hayze together so he wouldn't shatter into pieces right there on the hospital floor that smelled strongly of lemon cleaning products.

"She f~cking left me when I told her not to," he hiccuped as he tugged at his dark brown hair.

"What?" Rudi breathed, his brows furrowing in confusion. "Don't tell me she-"

The sound of a babies cry drifted from River's hospital room and Hayze scrambled off the ground just as a nurse cracked the door open, swiping at the tears on his cheeks.

Hayze looked at the nurse with pleading eyes, her face giving away nothing. It made Hayze all the more anxious.

"You can come in now," the nurse said quietly. "Family and friends visit in an hour and can only stay until nine."

"So my wifes okay?"

The nurse narrowed her eyes as if asking 'is that all you got from it' but all he was really worrying about was his wife. And rightfully so.

Hayze pushed past the nurse and almost melted into a puddle when he noticed his beautiful wife with a baby swaddled close to her clothed chest.

"Thank God your okay."

His lips lifted into a huge smile that made his cheeks hurt and his heart felt lighter than it had ever felt before.

He shuffled over and River smiled tiredly up at him, her eyes glassy as she tucked her baby closer to her chest.

"Hayze," she rasped. "She's so sweet. She basically came out with a smile on her face."

Hayze's lips lifted into a crooked smile as he shakily reached over and stroked their babies cheek before he leaned down and pecked River's lips as he looked over at the tiny little thing in his wifes arms.

"She's f~cking beautiful," he marveled as he took in the sight of her.

"Hayze," River whined. "You promised you wouldn't curse," she said hoarsely.

Hayze apologized before looking back over at their baby. Their baby.

He shook his head in disbeleif at the full head of hair she had. It was dark as night just like her mamas and she had the tiniest little fingers and the poutiest little lips.

Hayze already knew he'd have to be threatening boys on a daily with his baseball bat. Or his car. Which ever was nearest.

"You wanna hold her?" River asked softly as she lifted her a bit.

Hayze nervously held out his hands and River giggled weakly. He was scared because the baby was so small and he was so big. "Hayze, you'll be fine. Don't worry."

Hayze carefully and slowly took the baby into his arms and held her close to his chest, his heart thumping against the baby wildly, though she hardly stirred.

"She's so quiet," Hayze said in awe as he ran his index finger over her cute little blushy cheeks. "And soft."

River yawned and nodded softly, a small content smile on her face.

Hayze rocked the baby softly in his arms and he kissed her soft little forehead. His baby scruched up her nose before letting out a yawn. "You're just like your pretty mama, aren't you baby?" He cooed. "My mini Rosie."

"I like that name," River said quietly as she watched the two interact.

"Rosie?"

"Yeah, baby Rosie."

Hayze kissed the babies cheek and nodded, feeling so much love for the two girls in his life that it almost hurt. "Should we name her Rosie then?"

River nodded just as Rosie began to squirm in his arms. He tried to keep the look of panic off his face but River caught it and she giggled.

"She's probably just hungry," River said as she held out her arms.

"Oh," Hayze said as he reluctantly placed Rosie back in River's arms.

"I don't kn- ugh, i've never done this before," River said awkwardly as she looked down at her full breasts that were covered by a small sports bra.

"Just do what comes natural bella rosa," Hayze said as he placed a kiss on her forehead and then he sat down on the chair beside her bed.

She blushed a bright red as she pulled the covers up to cover her chest but Hayze quickly stopped her. "It's nothing i haven't seen before. Go ahead, don't be shy."

She slowly pulled a breast out of her bra and guided Rosie to it and yelped as Rosie latched on and began to slowly drink from her.

Every once and a while, Rosie would slip and start crying and River would try to get her to latch back on but the nervousness was obvious on her face.

Hayze stroked River's hair and encouraged her to keep trying and soon enough, Rosie was happily drinking her milk.

Hayze was in awe and slight shock at how beautiful and amazing his wife looked in that moment.

He peaked over as he noticed Rosie's eyes crack open slightly for the first time and he almost fell over when he noticed her icy blue eyes. Even bluer than his.

He already knew Rosie would be enchanting people with just her eyes.

Rosie made little hiccup noices as she suckled from her mama and Hayze looked up to see his wife out cold, her lips parted as she quietly slept.

He chuckled and lifted the blankets over the two before he sat back and watched over his two girls with a content smile on his face.