t e n

Hayze sighed tiredly as he sifted through the endless contract, looking for mistakes or loop holes

The whole week had been especially busy and he could feel the stress weighing heavy on his shoulders.

He was worried for his pregnant wife. Not seeing her for more than an hour each day was putting him on edge.

He was constantly wondering if her and the baby were okay. He was paranoid Nico would just show up and shove pills down her throat again. But that was impossible.

He was in jail for eight years now.

He was scared River would trip and fall. She was his clumsy little girl and if anything happened to her or the baby he wouldn't be able let her out of his sight any longer.

Hayze gripped his hair tightly when the frustration began to set in. He couldn't focus on the tiny black words any longer. His mind wouldn't let him.

He pushed away from his desk and his head dropped backwards as he let out a frustrated growl wishing his wife was there to give him a hug and a kiss.

"Hi, my love."

He choked on his spit when he noticed his wifes face hovering over him with a cheeky little smile.

A huge grin replaced the frown on his face and he sat up straight before hurriedly scrambling out of his seat and collecting her into his arms.

Her cute little giggle filled his ears as he peppered kisses all over her face and he felt his shoulders drop in releif.

"How did you get in here without me hearing you?" He asked with a bright smile.

"You must have been thinking pretty hard," she said as he placed her back on her feet. "Here. Sit down."

He sat back in his chair and sighed happily as her small hands began working at his tense shoulders.

"F~ck. Your hands are like magic," he said contentdly as he lay his head back.

She laughed softly and placed a kiss on his forehead before massaging his neck and jaw.

"You better stop grinding your teeth or your dentist won't be too happy," she giggled.

He smiled and grabbed her hand to guide it to his hair. She eagerly ran her hand through it and he found himself drifting off to sleep until he heard a panicked gasp.

He shot up straight in his chair. "Sh~t. What happened River?"

"The baby!"

"What's wrong with the baby!?" He looked over to see her beaming from ear to ear, her hand placed over her swollen tummy as she bounced excitedly. "What the hell, don't scare me like that."

"The baby's moving!"

"What!" He sprung up out of his seat and River grabbed his hand before placing it on the left side of her tummy. They waited in a silence until Hayze felt a small thump against his hand. His eyes lit with happiness and he felt his breath leave him.

"Wow," he breathed when there was another nudge against his hand. "River. This is amazing." He got down on his knees in front of her and lifted her dress so he could see her tummy. He marveled at the little movement of her soft skin and then kissed her tummy before looking up at her. "I f~cking love you."

She smiled brightly at him and ran her fingers through his hair. "I love you too."

"