n i n e t e e n

Hayze was basically wrestling with Rosie to get her diaper on her

Hayze was basically wrestling with Rosie to get her diaper on her. She was weirdly strong for such a tiny baby.

She wasn't crying or anything; she was more so in a playful mood and kept swinging her little hands and feet everywhere. 

"Come on Rosie. Stay still for papa," he sighed as he collected her feet into his large hand and lifted her bum into the air. 

Rosie made little bubbles with her mouth as he lay the diaper under her and he smiled down at her as she looked at him with her big, innocent icy blue eyes.

He wished she'd stay as innocent as she looked now forever. He loved Rosie more than he thought possible. River would always be his number one, but the love he had for his daughter was something else entirely. 

It couldn't be explained.

Once he had the diaper secured around her, he blew a little raspberry on her tummy and Rosie squealed and grabbed his brown hair in her little fists, tugging as she smiled at her father.

"I love you," Hayze cooed as he laughed at his happy baby. "Papa loves you."

He picked Rosie up and she placed her head on his shoulder as he turned around; rolling his eyes when he noticed River standing there with her phone out and recording.

"You better keep those to yourself," he grumbled as he placed Rosie back in her crib.

"Oh I will be. I know women will be all over you once they know how good of a daddy you are," River giggled quietly.

He smiled and ran up to River before he picked her up and spun her around. River laughed and held tightly to him until he set her down. "Don't worry River. I'm all yours babygirl."

And that was true.

°•○●○•°

He admired River as she came down the stairs with Rosie in her arms, the shorts clinging to her just right and his button up shirt swallowed her whole.

But she was a sight for sore eyes.

"I made you a ceaser salad just like you wanted," he smiled as he placed a hand at the small of her back and he led her into the dining room

"Thank you." She sat down at the table slowly, careful not to wake Rosie.

Hayze knew River was still getting cravings and if the food she wanted was reasonable enough, he made sure she got it. She deserved it.

She happily ate her ceasar salad and once they both were done with their salads; Hayze went into the kitchen and grabbed the spaghetti and garlic bread.

When he came back, River was shushing a crying Rosie and bouncing her in her arms before smelling her diaper.

"She doesn't smell."

Hayze laughed as he placed the food down. "I thought that was pretty obvious. If she used her diaper, one of us might have already fainted."

River giggled and shook her head. "She doesn't smell that bad."

Rosie began to cry louder and River winced slightly.

Hayze quickly came around and picked up Rosie, holding her to his bare chest which immediately calmed her down but he knew his baby was hungry because she was sucking on her fingers.

River opened her shirt before taking Rosie back. "Here you go baby," she cooed as she held her breast up for her daughter.

Rosie immediately latched on and the room went quiet which made the two of them laugh.

Before Rosie, the house usually held some type of silence unless River was playing around. Now they hardly had that silence. It wasn't a bad thing unless the noise was interrupting their sleep.

Hayze took a few pictures of River feeding Rosie without her knowing before he sat back down and began eating his food.

"Nani hasn't been by to see Rosie," Hayze commented as he wiped the corner of his lips with a napkin. "In fact, I haven't seen her since four months ago."

"Ugh..." River said awkwardly as she avoided eye contact with Hayze.

"What is it? What happened? Did you two fight?"

"Kind of," she said, her face falling.

"Tell me what happened babygirl."

"She... um. I don't think its my place to say this."

"Well, if it involved you, I think you can say it."

"She... she has a little crush on you. Well, more so a major one." River looked down at Rosie as she started playing with the end of her braid as she continued to drink her milk.

"A crush?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Yeah. And back then, i was super pregnant and i saw the pictures of you in her phone and i freaked out. She was only my friend so she could have an excuse to see you."

"That's not true. She wan-" he was cut off as River looked back down at Rosie, effectively ignoring him.

"It is true. Girls are never my friends. But it's fine now though. I have you and Rosie. And our parents. And Rudi... sometimes. And some co workers."

Hayze sighed and watched as River cooed at Rosie, running her small hand over Rosie's dark hair.

Once again, they were avoiding the problem.