t h r e e

"Ugh! I feel pregnant!" River exclaimed as she finished her last bite of cheesecake

The whole dinner table laughed and Hayze grabbed her hand and placed a kiss on the back of it, the grin on his lips never leaving.

"You look so damn good in this fitted dress," he whispered as his hand came around to caress her little tummy where a small bump was starting to show. "And that slit in your dress shows off your wonderful legs." She shivered as he ran his finger up the length of her exposed leg. "F~cking perfect."

River bit her lip to stifle the smile that would look creepy to everyone else at the table.

When Hayze turned away to talk to Rudi, she took the time to admire him.

He sat tall and confident in his chair, a cloth napkin thrown over his lap but it did nothing to hide the big bulge that he always tucked to one side of his pants.

River had tried to get his pants tailor made so that she couldn't see the material bunch around his huge bulge all the time but he always said he was too busy to go and get himself measured.

She knew that was a lie because he always somehow was able to make time for her. He just hated being uncomfortable and being measured by someone he didn't know would send him past his limit of uncomfortableness.

His navy blue suit fit the rest of him just right other than that. It wasn't too tight and it wasn't too big on him. It was just enough to know that he worked out.

"I can feel you staring at me, bella rosa. Is it because I'm ugly?" Hayze teased.

The both of them knew he wasn't ugly.

"Quite the opposite," she commented quietly and he smiled down at her.

"Much appreciated, pretty girl," he grinned, running his hand over his jaw playfully but in a slightly hot manner.

Rudi leaned forward so he could see River past Hayze's broad shoulders and shook his head. "Don't boost the idiots ego any further, River," Rudi said, his hand cupped on one side of his mouth as if that would do anything to keep Hayze from hearing him.

She giggled quietly as Hayze glared at Rudi and flicked him under the table.

"Hey, violence is-" he was cut off by the waiter bringing over Hayze's mango tart with vanilla ice-cream and thin chocolate pieces.

River's mouth instantly began to water as soon as the waiter set the dessert down in front of Hayze. He nodded and thanked the man before grabbing his spoon. 

He chuckled as he looked at River from the corner of his eye and took up a small spoonful. "Would you like to try it, pretty girl?"

She shook her head hesitantly. "No, its okay. Thank you. I'm quite full."

He raised his eyebrow before smirking to himself and taking the smooth dessert off the spoon. He nodded quietly to himself, taking in the flavor. "Hmm... I like this. It's not too sweet."

She winced inwardly, wishing she had said yes. But she had too much pride to ask after she had just rejected his offer. 

He took another bite, the crust and the thin, cool piece of dark chocolate crunching slightly in his mouth. He turned to her with a smug smile before smoothly spooning up a good bite with everything on it and bringing it to her lips.

She looked up at him, her honey-green eye sparkling with love and adoration. "One of the many reasons I love you. You just know," she said before taking the spoon into her mouth and she hummed softly as soon as the chilled dessert hit her tongue. She scrunched up her nose and squealed lightly as she swallowed. "I should have gotten this."

He chuckled and gave her another spoonful before eating the rest himself. "I knew you would like it."

"