Chapter 28 ~ By your side

Demi´s POV:

When the movie ends, Olive says she might has to go home already so I walk her out.

But when we´re about to exit my house, my dad enters it and he looks really nervous.

“Demi! Demetria!” He quickly hugs me while tears start to roll down his face. I look at Olive, as if asking her what the hell is going on but, of course, she does not know.

I gently push dad away from me and make him look me in the eyes.

“Dad, dad, what´s wrong?” I ask him, placing my hands on his shoulders.

He takes a very deep breath.

“Your mother… She´s at the hospital”

His words cause me to get frozen.

“What? Why? Dad, what happened?”

“A car accident… A car ran over her” He cries and it´s then when I realize how much he actually loves his wife.

Although all the arguments they´ve had… He still loves her no matter what and turns into this emotional mess when he thinks he´s about to loose her…

“Dad, it´s gonna be alright. Bring me there, I beg you” He energetically nods his head and we jump into his car.

He drives us and Olive, who wanted to come with us, towards there.

Sad enough, once we are there, the doctors tell us that mom had to get a very urgent surgery.

Broken, I sit down on the chairs in the waiting room. Soon, dad and Olive sit down too.

“Dem… You ok?” Olive´s hands takes its place on my shoulder.

With a sigh, I look up at her.

“I don´t know why but I cannot cry… I want to cry but I can´t” I tell her, feeling how my heart is breaking slowly but surely.

“It hurts… It hurts badly… I´m scared for my mom… I…” I sigh tiredly and she just hugs me.

A hug, that´s all I need right now.

“Do you want me to call Wilmer?” Olive asks. I shake my head. “No, he´s at work… I don´t want to bother him”

“Baby, you won´t bother him, I´m sure about that”

“Don´t call him, Olive”

“Okay, okay” She sighs.

Like three hours pass by. I almost obligated Olive to go home and rest since the night has already came.

So now I´m here with my dad. He has drank like five cups of coffee already.

That´s what he does when he´s nervous. He drinks lots and lots of coffee.

Suddenly, a doctor came towards us.

“Family of Dianna De La Garza?” He asks.

Dad and I immediately stand up in front of him.

“Yes, I´m her daughter and this is her husband” I tell the doctor since Dad is still in shock and is unable to talk.

“Okay. Dianna is out of surgery right now but… There are lots of possibilities of her dying… She needs to get intensive care. We´ll do everything that´s in our hands to keep her alive, okay?”

I slightly nod my head.

“Can we see her?” I want to know but the doctor shakes his head. “Sorry but not yet. She´s very unstable right now… Maybe later” He explains. “You could go home and rest… He seems to need it” The doctor looks at dad. “Good night” And then he leaves.

“Dad, he´s right… You better go home and rest. I´ll stay here, yeah? I´ll call you If something happens”

He just nods his head and leaves.

I feel bad… And worried… What if he doesn´t focus on the road because of his actual state and also gets a car accident?

I run after him.

“Dad! Catch a taxi, okay?” I call a taxi for him after telling him this.

Once the taxi is here, dad leaves.

Slowly, I go back to the waiting room and sit down.

I´m really scared… What if mom dies? I don´t want that to happen…

I´ve never had a very close relationship with my parents but… I love them at the end of the day and I don´t want anything bad to happen to them… If that makes any sense...

I can feel the tiredness building up inside me and my eyelids getting heavier and heavier… Before I know it, everything goes away and I fall asleep.

Wilmer´s POV:

I step into my house, really tired.

Actually, I´ve never ever been this tired before… I guess it´s because I´m not used to work but I want to gain money so I can buy Demi that precious ring I saw yesterday.

Yes, that´s why I looked for a job…

“Wilmer, Wilmer!” Olive runs downstairs.

“Hey, sis, what´s wrong?”

“Demi´s at the hospital!” She tells me. “What? Why?” I ask, scared.

“Calm down, it´s not because of her…” I let out a sigh of relief once she has said that. “Thank God”

“It´s her mom… A car ran her over… Go there and be there for her, is that clear?”

“Yeah, yeah, I´m going” I quickly grab back my car keys and leave my house.

When I enter the wait room I see my baby there. She´s asleep and looks like an angel.

I quickly buy a cup of coffee for her. She might be craving for it.

Then I sit down by her side and make her head rest on my shoulder so she´s cozier. Then I put my jacket on top of her since I feel like she´s cold.

Demi´s POV:

Slowly, I open up my eyes and immediately see Wilmer sitting next to me,

“Babe… What are you doing here?” I ask him. He pecks my lips and hands me a cup of coffee which is completely cold.

“Fuck… I´ll bring you a new one” He says and walks away. Not much time later, he comes back with hot coffee for me.

“Thanks babe” I smile at him and he kisses me, immediately making me feel better. Then he hugs me really tight and then the tears finally come.

He hugs me even tighter and rubs my back, comforting me.

“I´m so scared, Wilmer… So worried” I cry into his warm hug. “Shh, sweetheart, it´s okay”

I pull away and look into his eyes.

“Thanks for being here” I mumble, wiping away my tears. He wipes the rest of my tears away with his thumbs. “I love you, I will always be here right by your side” His words make me so happy.