Chapter 2 ~ A change

One entire week has passed by since I moved in here.

Mom and Dad have already found a new school for me, and I´m starting tomorrow. I´m feeling so nervous right now.

I´ve been thinking about creating a new me, just to keep myself safe from the bullies. Maybe it´s my fault I got bullied because I am the way I am, and I need to change that now.

It´s still morning so I have the whole day to change me.

I know this sounds kind of ridiculous, but whatever.

“Mom?” I call her. She looks at me.

“Hello, what´s up?”

“Mom, I need money. I want to change my style… You know, to start a new life…” I say, starting to play with my fingers.

Mom laughs.

“Okay, honey.” She grabs some money and hands it to me. “Have fun.”

I smile at her.

“Thanks.” And then I leave.

Dad and Mom have been acting like this towards me since the bullies did that to me. Now they think I need to feel loved or something like that.

I walk around. There are a lot of stores but I don´t know which one I should enter.

I hear some giggles behind me and, when I turn around I see two girls.

They look cool. They've got that rocker style.

When they notice I´m staring at them, they stop giggling and enter the store that´s in front of us without saying a word to me. Not even a smile.

I roll my eyes. I am so fucking used to this, it doesn´t even bother me anymore.

I decide I should enter that store and that´s what I do. I need to look badass so people don´t think I´m a weak one and want to break me.

I end up buying lots of black clothes. Leather jackets, black boots and stuff like that.

I know mom and dad will be surprised but I don´t really care. My life needs a huge change.

______________________________

I enter my new classroom with my new badass look.

The whole classroom looks at me.

“Hey.” I say, still not really sure of what I´m doing.

I had a little talk with myself last night and I told myself that I needed to leave my shyness behind me. I can´t be shy.

“This must be Dem…” The teacher starts talking but I cut her off.

“I can introduce myself, thanks.” I say. I can´t believe I´m doing this…

“My name is Demi but you guys can call me D if you want to.”

Some giggles can be heard but, to my own surprise, I´m able to ignore them.

“Where can I sit?” I look around the classroom.

A girl who´s dressed like me, points at the chair next to her with a grin on her face.

I walk up to her and take my place.

“Nice to meet you, girl. My name is Olive.” She tells me.

I nod my head and give her a small smile.

When school ends, Olive introduces me to her friends: Justin and Jade.

“Hey, you look good.” Justin says and gives me a wink.