thirty one !

"attention all patients, your families are here to visit. at noon, you may go find them. they are outside of the gates, no you are not allowed to leave campus with them, only campus based activities."

the group of five, gave each other a hug as they went their seperate ways to see their families. they were all overwhelmed excitement, to see the ones they had taken for granted, which they will never do again.

zach walked towards the gates, eyeing the outside for any of his family, his eye suddenly spotted a small girl with brown eyes and a red hairband.

"reese!" zach called out.

reese whipped her head around and a smile took over her face as she saw her oldest brother.

"zachy!"
she grabbed her mom's hand and rushed over to give zach the biggest hug ever, he picked her up and spun her in his arms. god he missed his little sister.

he gave her a bunch of kisses everywhere and finally put her down, greeting his mom in a tight hug.

"good to see you zachary, you look happy, happiness looks best on you."

"thank you mom, where's ryan?"

"home sick with a stomach bug, poor baby was excited about seeing you."

zach pouted and gestured reese and his mom to the courtyard, where they were allowed to eat.

reese sat next to zach, both of them sitting across from their mom.

"so...what's it like?"

"i cried on the first guy, not going to lie, a guy bumped in to me, BUT he and i are good friends now."

"wow, what's his name?"myta questioned.

"jonah."

reese took a sip of her apple juice and gave zach another tiny hug.

"its so boring without you zachy, i try to help mom with the the chores but it never works out!" she pouts.

"its okay reese, i will be home soon."

"good."

zach then turned his attention to his mother, who was smiling to herself.

"find anyone special in here?"

"mom."

"come on just tell me his name. is it jonah?"

"no no of course not."

zach looked around and spotted corbyn, who was playing football with his younger brother jordan. he laughed when jordan tackled corbyn to the ground.

"is it that blondie over there?"

"maybe."

"i feel like you're leaving something out, what is his diagnosis?"

"dementia."

"zach...don't do this to yourself."

"do what to myself?"

"he has dementia for god's sake, don't fall in love with him."

"i already did."

zach sighed and turned back around, meeting corbyn's piercing blue eyes.