twenty three !

"j-jack hates me and i keep m-messing everything up." zach cried in to corbyn's shoulder. corbyn had been holding the fragile boy in his arms for the last twenty minutes, who had been crying uncontrollably.

"zach, you don't mess everything up, jack is upset. he is disappointed okay? you made a mistake, everyone makes mistakes."

"except you, you're perfect corbyn, right?"

zach put his arms around corbyn, holding on tighter, sniffling every few seconds.

"there is no such thing as a perfect person zachary, they do not exist."

zach sighed and let go of corbyn,

"im going to get a cup of water corbyn, will you walk with me?"

"yeah of course."

corbyn walked side by side with zach, a few thoughts running through his mind.
he didn't think it would be possible for him to develop feelings for anyone, because of his dementia. maybe zach could be his first.
sure, it would be scary, but corbyn was willing to try, a little fear of being rejected held him back.

zach and corbyn stood in line, eventually being joined by daniel.

"h-hey guys."

"hey."

zach sent a small smile, daniel eyed zach for a few seconds, noticing his red eyes and red nose.

"zach were you crying?"

zach nodded and moved up closer in line.

"i don't want to talk about it daniel, its not a big deal, but i will ...break down again."

daniel you should give zach a hug.

"what?" daniel spoke aloud.

corbyn shot daniel a weird glare.

"daniel, zach just said don't ask him about it."

"i know but i heard something after he said that...did you say something?"

daniel, its me caden. you don't remember me?

"what the...?"

daniel put his head in hands, confused by who was speaking to him.

"i've gotta go g-guys, see you later!"

and then he ran off.

hmmm could daniel have a new voice in his head? heheheheh