"How can you do this to me? Do you know what I'm feeling now will be the same as how you will feel if someone steals your Xiao Hua? Or you don't really like Xiao Hua at all? You are such a heartless man but then with that face of yours, you can easily replace her with another pretty lady-"

A slender hand grabbed Yang Ling's face and ruthlessly smashed his head to the ground to stop him from prattling. The loud bang from the impact shaken Xiao Hua's heart violently as fear creeping into her heart at how brutal Duan Xi Ying was!

"Xi Ying's master is the third prince, not Yang Ling. When Yang Ling insulted master and Xiao Hua, Yang Ling should expect Xi Ying to beat him~"

Duan Xi Ying had seen how pale Xiao Hua's face had to become and so despite her words sounded as if it was spoken for Yang Ling's benefit, it was actually intended for Xiao Hua, with the intention to explain her actions.

Naturally, Long Zhu was aware of Xiao Hua's horrified gaze as well and spoke to Yang Ling. "I can return your bow but that does not mean you are free from punishment."

Yang Ling, who was supposed to suffer a serious head injury, immediately sat up and kneeled before the Third Prince with an earnest expression. "I understand, Third Prince! Please grant me my deserved punishment!"

Xiao Hua: '...' Such a drastic change of attitude! And why did he look fine even after that?! There's not even a drop of blood on him!

The confusion on Xiao Hua's face prompted the Third Prince to explain. "Cultivators have a stronger body defence compared to those that aren't a cultivator. That head attack is nothing but a scratch to Yang Ling, a third rank cultivator."

"Yes! As a third rank cultivator, normal attacks could not injure me anymore!" Yang Ling gloated happily.

Le Xiao Ting's sadist part reared its head and wondered if he would feel pain if she kicked his third leg.

"The bow will be returned to you tomorrow. Go back," the Third Prince told Yang Ling, who had stood up and pat his clothes from the dirt.

"Ah~ At least feed me dinner before kicking me out! I'm hungry!"

Indeed, without Xiao Hua notice, it's already evening and the sun was setting. She had eaten dessert earlier so her stomach had not complained to feed it.

Inwardly sighing, Xiao Hua was glad she trained because the amount of food she had eaten would be burned from the exercise. That must be how most martial artist or cultivator keeps their body shape.

"An Jing, prepare a meal for our guest."

"Yes, Your Highness." An Jing silently appeared and silently disappeared like her ninja-like husband and children.

The meal was served at Summer Courtyard in one of the dining room instead of having it under the pavilion like they used to. Just as they sat down, Tian Chi and Tian Zi arrived with their evening meals, along with the delicious aroma.

"Oh! Food is here!" Yang Ling's eyes were glued to the dishes as the inner maids placed them on the table. "Wooooah, Long Zhu, you treat your guest well!"

Tonight's first dish was sweet and sour pork, the meat was sliced thickly with a layer of fat on them. The second dish was the thin-sliced roasted duck where the skin was fried and crispy, and one can imagine the oil leaking into their mouth once biting on it. The third dish was steamed dumplings with cube-sized tofu scattered around it.

Seeing the dishes, Xiao Hua's stomach growled, informing its owner that it wants to eat them despite she was not hungry earlier.

I'm living the life of a pig~ (ˆ(oo)ˆ)

If Xiao Hua had to increase her training to burn her fats after eating so much food, she does not mind it. She was a foodie after all!

"Eh? Tian Zi, where's my rice?" Yang Ling asked when there was no rice bowl in front of him when the princess and Xiao Hua have one each. It was not surprising that there was no bowl of rice for the Third Prince.

"Lord Yang Ling, please wait." Tian Zi smiled as a brief amusement flash past in her eyes. "This is a specially prepared meal for you."

Tian Chi placed a large bowl of noodles in front of Yang Ling with a pair of silver chopsticks. Yang Ling was shocked when he saw the noodles and was rendered to mute at the large amount of vegetables on the bowl.

"W-Why?!" Yang Ling broke from his statue imitation and roared at the Third Prince. "Why noodles for me?!"

"That is your dinner." The Third Prince picked a dumpling for himself.

"You know I hate noodles and vegetables!"

Le Xiao Ting disliked eating noodles and vegetables too. She had found a comrade! However, during the times she was too lazy to secure dinners during working days, she would just cook instant noodles to eat. Instant noodles were different from other noodles.

"You can choose not to eat it and go home."

Yang Ling stiffens in realization. So this was his punishment for losing? To him, eating the soggy, tasteless noodles was a heavy punishment! Adding in the bitter vegetables, it became a hellish punishment.

"I... I will eat them!" Yang Ling roared like a sportsman does before doing their best to win the competition for the gold medal.

Seeing Yang Ling shoving the noodles and vegetables into his mouth like a starving beast, Xiao Hua silently shed imaginary tears for him.

Comrade, do your best! Shove them into your mouth and hold them in! You can vomit all you want behind the scene!