21

Bella
Just as the Cullens opened their mouths, no doubt to fire questions and concerns, Quil dashed into the clearing. "Bella, Dr Cullen, you need to get back to the hospital. Charlie's condition just worsened." My eyes widened and I turned in Damon's embrace. He understood immediately as he picked me up and sped to the hospital before anyone could react. He stopped near the hospital and we ran at a human pace together. Entering the hall and I rushed to my father's room as Damon quickly explained what happened before joining me. The doctors and nurses were working on my father and it was clear that they were losing him. Carlisle sped past me and directed the doctors to do stuff as he calmed my father and bought him to normal. For now. The unbidden thought in my mind had me choking back a sob as I realized that though my father was ok today he won't be for long and all this was because of Victoria. My anger at the bitch grew. My anger at the supernaturals in the waiting room grew. Why didn't they save him? Why? I shook off Damon's hand on my shoulder as I stalked to the waiting room where the Cullens and the pack stood glaring at each other. They turned as I entered and I blew my top off on them. "what kind of supernatural beings are you? Why didn't you guys protect my father? Ten Wolves and a coven of high skilled and gifted vampires couldn't fight one vampire? How hard is it? You are the reason my father fights death today. You." I screamed in the end. All of them looked at me stunned and with guilt. Carlisle who had entered the room opened his mouth to speak but I raised my hand. "Why didn't you protect him?" I whispered. Their heads bent down in shame as Joy approached me taking me in her arms. " Bella. My sweet one. You know they can't be blamed. They found out too late. She had a vampire to mask her scent with her. They did everything they could." She said as I sobbed in her arms about how I couldn't lose him. Carlisle came forward and touched my should ignoring Damon's growl. " I promise to do my best. I will do everything I can, short of changing him, to save him." I glared at him at the last part and shook off his hand. "That's not enough. Nothing you guys do is enough. No one can do anything." "You're wrong Bella." Damon said and moved forward giving me his world famous smirk. "Remind yourself who or what your mate is. The answer will come to you." He said cockily raising his eyebrow. I looked at him in confusion before realization seeped in and I smiled throwing my arms around his neck and whispering 'thank you' over and over again.

Jasper
I growled as Bella smiled and hugged Damon but was more confused at her change in demeanour. What could Damon do? The answer came when Damon went to a nearby nurse and stared her in the eyes asking for an empty blood bag and needle. We watched as she mindlessly went to follow him. Bella smirked and answered the unspoken question, "mind compulsion. A power all traditional vamps have." I was shocked as were the others. We watched as Damon pricked his skin and vein and drew blood into the blood bag through the needle. As soon as the bag was full he removed the needle causing a little blood to ooze out. Bella shocked all of us by bending forward and licking it clean before taking Damon's mouth in a passionate kiss. He smirked at me, causing me to snarl and clench my fists. He kissed her with a passion I couldn't help but want a share in.
They moved back and we saw that Damon's skin had healed. He turned to Charlie's nurse and compelled her to replace the blood bag with the one it to use only one- fifth of it. He turned to us and seeing our incredulous expressions, explained cockily, "my kind, being the superior one it is, has the power to heal in our blood. Our blood cures wounds, internal and external. It doesn't work on diseases though. Now all we have to do is wait for Charlie's body to heal itself. If needed we give him more blood. But under no circumstances can he die with the blood in his system or he will begin transition." He said. Bella murmured, "though that is not a bad thing at all." Damon smirked as we gasped. Leah growled at Bella, "you don't mind becoming a vampire?" Bella smirked and said, "well Leah I cant be a human with a vampire mate right? I will not leave Damon alone in this world in a few decades while I grow old and die. Also, if my father or I became a vampire, a traditional one, mind you," staring meaningfully at me and the Cullens, "at least we wouldn't depend on anyone to protect us." The jab didn't go unnoticed by any of us as we gulped in guilt. Damon shook his head and smirked. "Well my work here for now is done. Charlie will be fine and remain human if we can protect him from death for 24 hours. I hope that's not too much to ask from a bunch of werewolves and a coven of cold ones." Bella turned to him with an eyebrow raised, "and where do you think you are going?" She snarked. He kissed her patting her ass playfully as she snapped her teeth at him playfully. They laughed and he said, "to keep my promise I made to you. I have more than 24 hours still. Enough time." She beamed evilly at him and nodded. "Where is he off to?" I found myself asking. "To do what none of you have done. Taking care of that bitch, Victoria once and for all. He has said 24 hours. Let's see how long it actually takes."