17

Bella
I stared into the golden pools that used to follow me intensely. My eyes roamed about his face framed by his honey blond curls and down to his muscled body. His blue shirt clung to his body outlining every Ab and muscle and his jeans fit him like a glove. The cowboy boots were just giving out "fuck me" vibes. God, I was turned on. These were the same feelings I used to have when I stared at him before and I knew he felt them but he ignored it. I used to think that he was the sexiest man alive or dead, before I met Damon. But I noticed that now with Damon also, the feelings hadn't changed. Damon. Oh my god. I was overcome by guilt. What was I doing lusting after a guy who wasn't my mate. He made feel these things before but never acknowledged what I and I definitely knew, he were also feeling. Then Edward breaks up with me and he leaves without even a goodbye. That too after that night.
Flashback
I was sitting in my room after the disastrous birthday at the Cullens. Edward seemed upset and had just brushed off my offer about staying over saying he'd see me tomorrow. I was upset at his behaviour and how much of a big deal he was making it. I groaned and turned to my closet to change into my night wear. I went and took a quick shower thinking back to the incident and how Jasper had looked when he "attacked" me. I mean honestly how could Jasper be attacking me when it was actually Edward whose eyes were black. Yes, I had noticed my supposed "mate's" eyes turning black with thirst. Jasper on the other hand, his eyes hadn't changed at all. In fact I felt that he was trying to protect me by attacking Edward after feeling his thirst. I trusted Jasper and dare I say it, was attracted to him. His fierce personality , calm appearance and sexy accent was too much for a girl to bear. I shook my head and exited the shower wrapping my body in a small towel that barely reached beyond my hips. As soon as I entered my room, I had to swallow my scream at the sight before me. There was the very man from my thoughts sprawled on my bed without a care in the world. He saw me and got up, his eyes takin in my entire form. I saw his eyes turn black with lust, a different kind which instead of terrifying me had me clenching my thighs in need. He noticed the movement and smirked. "Jasper wh-what are you doing here?" I hated how breathless I sounded. He looked into my eyes and said, " I came here because Edward wants me to apologize."  "For what?" I said exasperated. "I attacked you Bella" he said angrily. "No you didn't" I countered. He frowned, " how can you be so sure?" I sighed and told him my theory. I told him that I knew he was trying to protect me and when Edward threw me into the glass case, he felt the blood lust of all the vampires in the room, I told him that he was an empath and bloodlust an emotion and feeling that from so many vampires caused him to attack me. As he thought about it, I took the time to head to my closet. Just as I was picking somethings, I felt a presence behind me and my body heated up as Jasper pressed himself against me. "I kind of like the current outfit, darlin'" he whispered in my ear causing goosebumps to arise on my skin. His lips traced the shell of my ear causing me to moan and lean into him. His palms pressed against my breasts and in moments he had me turned and straddling him. He carried me to the bed and lay me down before pressing into me from the top. I groaned as his hard erection pressed against my warm centre. His lips trailed the path of my neck and moved to the valley of my breasts where his tongue set fire to my skin. I burned with need for this one man. I didn't care about anything or anyone. "I want you Jasper" I said breathily. But that little admission caused an opposite effect. He ripped himself from me and stood at the other end of the room. "I am sorry Bella this shouldn't have happened." The words cut me deeply and I felt a worse rejection than I had ever felt with Edward. When I looked up again, he was gone.
End of flashback

It shouldn't have happened. I snapped out of the flashback at those painful words. I felt him comin closer and backed away. I was going to confront him the next day only to find that he had left without a goodbye. I couldn't take it any more. I turned and started running down the hallway. I felt myself being stopped and dragged to a room and the door closing behind us. I unwittingly relaxed in his cold embrace. Realizing what I was doing, I pushed him away and stood to the side. "Bella please I..." "don't Jasper." I snapped. He flinched and took me in his arms, even though I was struggling against him and shook me lightly. "Listen to me. I am sorry for that night and for leaving. You don't know how sorry I am. Please just give me a chance." I shook my head and pushed away again. I opened my mouth to say something but the door opening cut me off. There stood my reality, my truth and my present. My Damon.