12: The Irony!

Dear Evie,

How are you? I'm okay. I've been enjoying going to the park alone and bike riding around with the wind in my hair.. Appreciating the little things in life has become a new hobby for me.

Yesterday, I was parked under a maple tree reading a book, when leaves started falling on me. At first I was annoyed, but then I realised how pretty the red Autumn maple leaves were. It was like being surrounded by large red stars as they floated to the ground.

I'm sorry, I've been feeling a bit down lately. Adam doesn't hang out with me as much, and Rachel is only gushing about her new boyfriend all the time.

This is so hard to write... Rachel's new boyfriend is Adam. That's why he's not hanging out with me as often anymore, and I can't really hang out with him without feeling dirty. Like I'm trying to take him away from Rachel or something, which I really am not. I couldn't do that to her. I'm just so frustrated right now.

Debbie

PS. Tell me something happy about yourself =)

Hi Debbie, it's M again. You've been looking downcast lately. There is a block of Lindt chocolate attached to this note. I hope you like chocolate. I know it's very stereotypical thing to eat chocolate when you're sad, but it is quite helpful. I hope you feel better.

M

 Dear Mum,

I'm going out for a bit. I'll be home later. If I don't answer my mobile, call Rachel.

Debbie

Debbie darling,

You told me about the stalker a while ago, did you forget? You asked my brother to do some snoopy snoop work? Geez you have a terrible memory! Anyway, I asked him. He refused, sorry. I have no idea why though, I thought he'd always wanted to be a detective. He loved Inspector Gadget as a kid.

Anyway, how's Adam going? Have you gotten close? (imagine me wiggling my eyebrows at you) I can't imagine him not liking you, you're just his type! I met his ex-girlfriend a few weeks ago and she's just like you! Except she was a bitch, she started liking someone else. I was sosososo shocked when I heard that!

I think I'm starting to get an English accent! I say things like 'brilliant' instead of awesome and I've taken up the habit of having a cup of tea everyday! I need to become more Australian! Debbie help me become more Australian!!!

I'll make this email quick because I'm in an IT class at the moment and I really should be doing my work, but this is probably the most boring class ever!

Alright, gotta go! Love ya!!!

Esther xo

DEBBIE!!!! YOU'RE NOT BACK HOME YET! I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR YOU TO GET HOME SO WE COULD HAVE DINNER TOGETHER FOR ONCE! I HAVE TO GO TO WORK NOW, LEAVE ME NOTE WITH THE TIME YOU GOT BACK HOME SO I KNOW YOU WERE SAFE! ACTUALLY, TEXT ME, JUST TEXT ME AS SOON AS YOU SEE THIS NOTE. WHERE ARE YOU? I CALLED RACHEL AND SHE HASN'T SEEN YOU SINCE SCHOOL FINISHED! I LEFT SOME SPAGHETTI IN THE FRIDGE, HAVE IT FOR DINNER!

I'LL BE BACK AROUND 2AM, LOVE YOU, DARLING!

MUM

hey, where are you?

who is this?

LOL Deb, it's Adam.

oh. sorry. i'm at the park.

can i come join you?

are you with anyone?

yeah Rach is with me.

no you can't come.

why not?

sometimes, i just want to sulk on my own.

eh? deb what's wrong?

nothing.

nothing? you wouldn't be sulking if it was nothing. what's up?

nothing.

c'mon. we used to talk about everything. what's wrong?

i'm gonna stop texting you back now

Debbie i'm going to call you now

...

Pick up

Debbie, pick up.

I'M COMING TO THE PARK.

you know i could easily just leave right now.

no you can't, i can see you.

stop looking around yourself like a lost dog. count to five and i'll be there.

Dear Debbie,

Oh Debbie, that totally sucks! I'm so sorry!!! Geee what a douche bag! And Rachel! How could she not know you liked him? I mean, you didn't tell her, but she should have known! She's your best friend isn't she? She should have known!!!!

GAH that is so frustrating!!! I can't believe this has happened to you!!! I'm venting to my friend Max as I write this letter to you. What's up with friends who are so inadvertently mean to their friends?!

What are you going to do? Would you tell Rachel or Adam about how you feel? I'm not sure what would be better... I mean, it's a really nice feeling to be able to talk about your feelings and tell the person you like, that you like them. But at the same time, it could all become very awkward. I'm sure you'll figure out something to do with that super smart brain of yours!!! I'm sure it'll all work out in the end! =)

Something happy about myself...

Well I've been talking to Greg after school a lot lately. He finds it so funny that I call him by his last name, but he didn't mention his first name at all so I STILL don't know what his name is!!! I just told him that I'll keep calling him Greg just because I can... That could have been really awkward.

Yesterday, we were talking about coffee and chocolate and arguing over which was better. Stupidest argument ever but it was so funny! We eventually agreed to go to that new cafe around the corner from school and test out the hot chocolate and coffee so we could come to 'an informed agreement' about which was better. So I've gotten myself a date with a handsome private schooler!

Ugh sorry that sounded so stuck up! It's just that I've never been on a date with anyone so posh before...

He's really cute...

Anyway, so I waited outside school for him today so we could walk together to the cafe. I waited for like an hour and a half!!! So I was getting pretty upset because I thought that he had stood me up, but then he comes running up to me looking really disheveled and blabbing about one of his friends going missing and he was really really really sorry... I just had to forgive him, he looked so adorable! Plus it was really serious that one of his friends had gone missing...

But it turned out fine, they found her sulking in a park surrounded by romance books and Lindt chocolate! The poor darling! I bet she was heartbroken.

I wish I was there so I could help comfort her, but she wouldn't say anything about what was wrong. Greg's really worried about her...

Debbie you say the right thing at the right time, every time I'm upset, what would you say to this girl?

Love Evie!