13: Greg... Gregory... Matt.. Matt Gregory

Hi Evie,

Well, this is slightly awkward.

I think I know who 'Greg' is. Remember my friend Matt? The jerk? Well his full name is Matthew Gregory. Greg... Gregory... Matt.. Matt Gregory.

There you go.

The way you described Matt, is completely different to the Matt I know though. He sounds like he is so sweet to you! I'm happy you got to know that side of him, we only it see it on special occasions.

Such as yesterday when I was bawling my eyes out in the park when suddenly all of my friends came running up to me, asking me if I was okay, showering me with hugs..

Matt was one of those friends. Sorry, it's my fault he was late to your date.

The only person I could possibly talk to was Matt, since he was my only friend who wasn't involved and still in the country. I would tell Esther, but I think she'd go off her top at Rachel and I really don't want us all to have another argument.

I didn't know what to say to everyone when they were all standing around me like that. How do you simultaneously tell all your friends that you have a serious crush on one of them? And then tell your best friend that she's a fag for not noticing your crush?

You can't.

So I didn't. And I told them all to go home instead.

So they slowly walked off, leaving me with my bar of Lindt chocolate (kindly given to me by my stalker - who I somehow have suddenly learned to appreciate) but then Matt turned around, quickly pulled me to my feet and dragged me all the way to the creek and demanded to know what had happened.

And so I told him, and I cried, then I cried some more. All he did was listen and nod and be a really good friend. I don't think I could have spilled my guts to anyone else, he is just that person who you love to hate and to love as a friend.

Oh, and he told me about you. You know he's secretly had a crush on you for a really long time? From the beginning of year 8, he had a crush on you! But he could never bring himself to talk to you!

I have never known Matt to be so adorable before!

He's a keeper ;)

(I'd never thought I'd ever say, let alone write, such a thing) 

Anyways, I'm feeling a lot better now!

Tell me how your date went!

Debbie

DARLING, YOU AREN'T HOME YET. I AM GETTING A LITTLE WORRIED AND HAVE LEFT SEVERAL TEXT MESSAGES FOR YOU IF YOU HAVEN'T NOTICED. OH NO, I JUST GOT A MESSAGE FROM YOU. I AM GLAD YOU ARE OKAY! IF I'M NOT HOME WHEN YOU GET BACK, JUST SNACK ON THE PISTACHIOS UNTIL I COME HOME. JUST HAD TO POP OVER TO THE SUPERMARKET TO GET SOME SOY SAUCE AND HONEY.

MUM.

 hey deb, so i met up with evie this arvo. did you drop my first name to her?

hahaha why do you think that i did?

she didn't know my name before, and now she is suddenly calling me matt.

what'd she call you before?

you should know that. you're girls, you talk about stuff, yeah? you would know. stop answering me with questions.

oh you know that i know that she didn't know your first name?

yes. i know. stop with the questions.

how did you know that i knew that she didn't know what your first name is?

because i'm psychic. so you did tell her..

why is it a bad thing that i told her?

it was amusing to see her squirm.

well aren't you the nicest guy in the world..

and you know it

Hey Esther!

So your little brother, Mike, has he found anything interesting at Huntington yet?

Debbie

Hey Deb,

No. But I wouldn't actually know, because I haven't been speaking to him as of late. 

Mum told me he's been borrowing my Redshire blazer sometimes, and now that he's hit puberty, his shoulders have broadened a bit. Which means that the seams of my blazer are no longer in tip top condition.

You know that I'm a stickler about my clothing, even if I'm not using them. 

I am pissed.

Why was he even using it anyway!!??

Esther

____________________________________________________________

hello.... it's been a very long while...

i don't really have an excuse, I knew what the plotline was going to be, I wrote a plan. I decided exactly where this story was going and how the slight mystery was going to be solved. I just didn't do it, and I apologise. 

In other ews! I graduated high school last november and am heading off to university in a couple of weeks! I have to move to another city! waahhhhhh that is so weird..

anyway, I hope you are well!!