Chapter 14

Kally's P.O.V

I've been home for three days now. I went back to what I always wanted to do and forgot about what happened in Canada and who I went therewith. I wanted to forget him, I wanted to forget everything and I pretty much did. He has been calling me non stop and texts leaving voicemails this might sound harsh but I blocked his number, okay I didn't block him I muted him. I didn't want to hear from him anytime soon. I'm just going to focus on myself. I was crazy to think we could've worked.

I'm at my school right now getting work done that I missed. It's not hard but I'd rather be home right now.

"Hey," says someone who's walking over to sit across from me. They sit down with a bag of chips.

"Hey," I let out then look back down to do my work. I haven't really talked to anyone lately I really wasn't in the mood.

"Kal, you okay?" Tom asks after crumbling the bag of chips and tossing it in the garbage.

I nod my head, "yup." I continue to write.

"You don't seem okay. Do you want to talk about it?" He questioned.

I actually do want to talk about it to someone but should it really be my ex? "Not really."

"You do..." He still knows when I'm hiding what I really want. Wow, I guess he never forgot about me.

"Fine, but not here. Let's go outside." I tell him. He nods his head and I gather my things. Together we walk outside and sit on the steps where there are many to just enter the building. I sit down and put my coat on.

"So," he says sitting next to me, "are you going to tell me?" He asked.

I look down at the ground. As I'm thinking of the words I'm trying to combine in my mind I feel like I'm about to cry if I start to speak. I turn my head to him, he noticed the tears in my eyes.

"Hey, let's get you home, Kal."

---

Tommy makes me soup and turns on the TV for me. I snuggle with a blanket and he walks over and puts the soup on the table in front of me.

"Thanks." I sniffle...

He smiles then walks around, "wow. I really don't remember your apartment looked like this. Of course, I was too buzzed to even remember." He mentions. I chuckle, he really has changed.

I take a sip of my soup than look over at Tommy who's looking at a photo of me and... Shoot I thought I took that down.

"Why do you have a picture of you and that famous Dylan O'Brien guy?" He asks holding it in his hand with a confused facial expression.

I lower the volume on the TV, "Ummm. I met him you remember he was my biggest idol remember?"

"But it looks like your hanging out or like you just woke up, that's not a one-second meet?..."

"Well... You wanna know why I'm so upset?"

He puts the picture back and nods his head, Tom walks over to sit by me and I sit tall. "Well you probably won't believe this but... He's my boyfriend well ex-boyfriend I don't know."

"Dylan O'Brien... He's your boyfriend? Yeah right."

I sigh then unlock my phone and show him all of the missed calls and texts of Dylan telling me he's sorry and he loves me. Tom's face changed, I can tell he believes me now.

"Wow. How'd you get that?"

"We met at a movie screening then we really liked each other we went on a date then we started dating but."

"Well, that sounds great, wait so he was the guy you went to Canada with?"

I nod my head, "Because he's filming a movie he wanted me to go with him for a while." I pause and take a deep breath, "so when I went I watched him on set and... When the director yelled action they said their lines then their characters had to kiss this girl Mandy which is Dylan's co-star he told me he thinks she has a weird little crush and I usually never get jealous you know that. So anyways Mandy and Dylan's character had to kiss but when the director yelled cut they were still going and a kiss always means something... What if Dylan didn't tell me that yes Mandy has feelings for Dylan but what if it's the other way around too? I didn't even give him time to explain I just... Left." I finish then look down at my blanket and mess with the string.

Tommy nods his head and looks the other way, if he doesn't say anything I'm going to be more upset and angry. "Well, I think you are better off without him."

I look up to face him, I scoff, "why's that?"

"Because he's a superstar you want to be a teacher. That might have been fun while it lasted but you have your own life and he has his. He will be traveling a lot he has a bunch of fans who will probably hate you if you still were dating him. Do you get what I mean? Maybe you should settle for someone who isn't famous and has a private life who won't have paparazzi taking pictures of you and him every second." He says then stares into my eyes. Crap I suspected he still had feelings for me.

I swallow hard, "Like who?" I whisper.

"Like me." He grabs my hand and holds it in his. I don't know what to do. I think he's about to kiss me but I'm not stopping it. Is this for guilt? Is it because I think we can work again? Maybe he's right I shouldn't settle for a partner who has millions of people chasing after him and I have to compete with all the other people for his attention and love when for Tommy I'll be all his attention and the only one he loves. I close my eyes as our lips are inches apart.

We're about to kiss till my front door bursts open. We pull away before our lips even have a chance to connect. My eyes widen.

"Dylan?"

A/N: Remember to vote and comment:)