chapter one

——

"Become a secretary of the BigHit Corp and eliminate every member by all means."

——

The sounds keep echoing again and again, constantly in my head. The screaming, shouting, and hair pulling, all lead me to hiding in my closet.

My father has been abusive ever since he lost his job and took out the frustration on mother. The times where we couldn't all sit at a dinner table as a happy family, where mother and I had to sit on the floor and eat while father ate on the table; he was despicable.

The times where mother would just smile at me when I asked if she was okay, or when I saw the black eye, or the bloody lip on her face. It pained me.

My mother eventually ran away from home not being able to take in the abuse. Where did the anger shift to then? Me.

I eventually too ran away from home, it wasn't like anyone would be waiting for me to come home but only pain that would welcome me at the door.

I eventually was taken in my by grandfather, he kept his distance towards my father as they were never close in the beginning. Grandfather paid for my tuition at university where I soon got into the career path of the police force.

Afterwards I've graduated with a masters degree, and worked as the police chief in the city. This wasn't easy. Running away from home, seeking shelter at my grandfathers home, and attending university.

This is what justice means. I will make that bastard pay for all the pain he's caused me.

—-—-

"y/n, you're not currently working on a case are you?"

I turned around, the chief of police greeting me with a smile, in hand with a file.

"No sir, I'm currently not on any cases."

He looked at me almost with a relieved look and handed me the files in his hand.

"I have a case for you to go on, however this is quite a dangerous case. I'll let you look at it, tell me by noon if you're up for it."

The chief of police walked away after the brief explanation. I flipped through the papers, the front page talked about the well known criminals of the world; Kim Namjoon, Min Yoongi, Kim Taehyung, Jeon Jungkook, Kim Seok-Jin, Park Jimin, and Jung Hoseok.

These seven criminals are well known in the world for their mischievous deeds, however the BigHit Corp would always cover up their dirty deeds with twisted lies at court. They never linked enough evidence back to them for an arrest.

Their identities were never seen before. They always covered up portions of their face, making sure nobody could recognize them, the file only had clips of their appearances and nothing more, nothing less.

I flipped through the next few pages, there were background information on each member of the BigHit Corporation. What caught my attention was one page in particular.

There was a page of an outline about going undercover on the case, and a vigorously highlighted sentence was shown on the page.

"Become a secretary of the BigHit Corp and eliminate every member by all means."

Eliminate. That sounds rather harsh. Even when going towards this career, all I wanted was to put my old man behind bars, I would never kill him. Nobody deserves that, he still is my father.