"Where you. . . um. . . Where you going, Rose?" Ben asked nervously.

          "To check up on the descendants, why?" Rosalie asked, knitting her brows together in confusion.

          "Mind if I join?"

———

          MEANWHILE, JAY OPENED THE door to Evie and Mal's room with a large grin on his face. "Yo-ho-ho!" He shouted, showing off his jersey. He shut the door and walked deeper into the room. "Did the plan work? With Jane? Are we going to see the magic wand?" He asked Mal who was laying on her stomach on her bed, flipping through the pages of her spell book.

          "Do you think that I would be going through every single spell in this book if I hadn't completely struck out?" Mal asked aggressively, causing Jay to widen his eyes and take a step back.

          "Oh, someone's in a bad mood." Carlos muttered, although Mal heard him and flicked him upside the head.

          "My mom's counting on me! I can't let her down!" Mal exclaimed.

          "We can do this. . ." Jay spoke, earning the attention of his best friends. "If we stick together."

          "And we won't go back until we do. Because we're rotten. . ." Mal trailed off, glancing at her friends.

          "To the core." They all finished together.

          "Oh, yeah. I found out that fairy godmother blesses Ben with the wand at coronation and we all get to go. I have nothing to wear, of course." Evie groaned. Mal, Jay and Carlos all looked at Evie. "What?" She asked, just as there was a knock at the door.

          "Hold that thought." Mal said as she got up and walked to the door, opening it to reveal Rosalie and Ben. Jay smiled at the sight of the red headed princess, the girl meeting his eyes and returning the smile, a bright blush rising to her cheeks.

          The same thing happened to Mal and Ben, and Rosalie would be lying if she said that she didn't feel Ben tense up at the sight of Mal. "Hey, Mal. I didn't see you guys today. I was just wondering If you had any questions or anything. . . That. . . you needed. . ." Ben trailed off, trying to find a way to hide that he wanted to talk to her more.

          Mal turned to look at her friends who all shook their heads, Jay's eyes not leaving Rosalie's figure. "Not that I know of."

          "Okay. All right. Well, uh, If you need anything, just, uh. . ." Ben trailed off, beginning to walk away with Rosalie.

          "Oh, wait!" Ben and Rosalie quickly turned, wanting to know what it is she needed to say. Rosalie wondered if it was something with Jay, she'd be glad to help him with anything he needed. And it was the same with Ben, but with Mal instead. "Um, is it true that we all get to go to your coronation?"

          "Yeah, the whole school goes." Ben answered with a bright smile. "I get crowned king and Rosalie gets blessed as my Royal Advisor."

          "Wow. That is beyond exciting. Do you think that it's a possibility that the four of us could stand in the front row next to the fairy godmother, just so we could soak up all that goodness?" Mal asked. Rosalie thought it was an odd wish, but she chose to ignore it.

          "I wish you could. Up front it's just me,
my folks, my girlfriend, Rosalie and her date." Ben explained.

          "And your girlfriend?" Mal asked, her face falling.