CHAPTER TWO

CHAPTER NUMBER TWO OF:REWRITE THE STARS

REWRITE THE STARS

         HER HEELS CLICKED AGAINST the tile as she arrived at Ben's bedroom door. She knocked repeatedly until it was opened by Ben's tailor who was annoyed of the interruption. Rosalie thanked him for opening the door anyhow and walked inside, sending Ben a nervous smile. "Are they almost here?" She asked, biting down nervously on her lip. It was the day after Ben had asked for Rosalie's help and they had planned a whole speech and answers for any questions Ben's parents could possibly ask. Ben nodded and Rosalie let out a deep breath. She walked in deeper and sat on Ben's bed, crossing one leg over the other.

          A couple minutes later, the voice of King Adam was heard and Rosalie immediately stood up. "How is it possible that you're going to be crowned king next month? You're just a baby!" King Adam asked his son. Rosalie curtsied as they walked towards them and Belle placed a hand on her shoulder.

          "It's wonderful to see you, Rose hon." Rosalie gave Belle a kind smile before sitting back down on Ben's bed. Belle then turned to her husband. "He's turning sixteen, dear."

          "Hey, pops," Ben greeted, eyes flickering over to Rosalie every five seconds.

          "16? That's far too young to be crowned king. And Rosalie! Future royal advisor," King Adam said as he gently shook his head and glanced over to the redhead, "only at sixteen as well. Kids, I didn't make a good decision until I was at least 42."

         "Uh, you decided to marry me at 28," Belle told him, narrowing her eyes.

         "Ah, it was either you or a teapot," King Adam winked, warning a jab from Belle. The two teens chuckled. "Kidding."

          Ben looked to Rosalie and she nodded. She stood up, mentally preparing for what was to come. "Mom, dad. . ." Ben tried to step off of the platform he stood on, but the tailor pulled him back. "I've chosen my first official proclamation. I've decided that the children on the isle of the lost be given a chance to live here in Auradon."

          King Adam's jaw dropped and Belle let out a squeak as she dropped the blazer she held in her hand. "Every time I look out to the island, I feel like they've been abandoned," Ben continued.

          "The children of our sworn enemies, living among us?" King Adam asked, taking a step forward.

          "We start out with a few at first, only the ones who need our help the most. I've already chosen them," Ben said with confidence. Rosalie pursed her lips and looked down to her feet for a second before looking back up.

          "Have you?" King Adam asked with a challenging look in his eyes. Belle gave him a nudge.

          "I gave you a second chance," she said. "Who are their parents?"

          "Cruella DeVil. . . Jafar. . . Evil queen. . ." A look of hesitance crossed both Ben's and Rosalie's faces before Ben spoke the last name. "And maleficent."

          Rosalie heard the tailor gasp over dramatically. "Maleficent! She is the worst villain in the land!" King Adam exclaimed.

          "Dad, just hear me out here," Ben pleaded.

          "I won't hear of it!" King Adam looked to Rosalie. "And you are supporting this?" He asked.

          Rosalie gave him a nod. "Their children are innocent, sir. Their not getting fair treatment."

          King Adam shook his head. "They are guilty of unspeakable crimes."

          "Dad, like Rosalie said, their children are innocent. Don't you think they deserve a shot at a normal life?" Ben asked. Rosalie walked closer to Ben and placed a hand on his arm. "Dad?"

          "King Adam?" Rosalie whispered.

          "I suppose their children are innocent," King Adam grumbled before turning and walking to the door. He stopped to wait for Belle.

           Belle walked up to Ben and Rosalie. She smoothed out wrinkles from Ben's blazer, "Well. Well done." She grabbed Rosalie's hand and gave it a squeeze. "The both of you." She then turned and joined King Adam, the two leaving the room.

          Smiles broke out onto the teens' faces. They shared a high-five before Ben wrapped his arms around Rosalie's waist and twirled her around, Rosalie letting out a squeal.

———

          ROSALIE FOLLOWED FAIRY GODMOTHER, Ben and Audrey out of the school's entrance. The marching band was playing loudly with pep, students were outside waving signs and flags, and everyone had welcoming smiles. The perfect welcoming in the place known for perfection. Rosalie rubbed the sweat off of her palms onto her black romper as she let out a shaky breath. The limo pulled to a stop and Ben reached for Rosalie's hand, giving it a reassuring squeeze. Rosalie gave him a smile before straightening her stand and looking towards the limo.

          Once the driver opened up the door, a boy with blonde hair fell to the ground, fighting with the boy above him. Carlos, Cruella DeVil's son, and Jay, Jafar's son. "Ah! Ow! Stop! You got everything else, why do you want whatever this is?" Carlos asked Jay.

          "Because you want it!" Jay replied, pulling on the piece of fabric they were fighting over. Rosalie watched with an amused expression, letting several chuckles slip past her lips.

           Two girls then stepped out of the limo. One with purple hair and the other with blue hair. Rosalie lightly smiled. It was nice to have other females with a different hair color than either blonde or brown. Mal, Maleficent's daughter, and Evie, Evil Queen's daughter. "Guys, guys, guys! We have an audience," Mal scolded the boys.

          The boys stopped fighting and stood up. "Just cleaning up," Jay laughed. Rosalie bit down on her bottom lip, suddenly feeling something pang in her stomach. "Get up," he hissed at Carlos.

          "Leave it like you found it," Fairy Godmother said in a sing-song voice. "And by that, I mean just leave it."

          Jay's eyes then landed on the redhead that stood out more than anything he had ever seen before. A rose in a row of daises. He put on his signature smirk and took a couple steps forward. His eyes brightened as he spoke, "Hello, foxy. The name's Jay."

          His smirk was replaced with a smile as Rosalie blushed. She oh so gracefully placed her hand into his, giving him a soft smile. "Princess Rosalie."