v

It was the morning after my Draco Malfoy encounter. I woke up to a beam of light that had escaped from the curtain shining on my face. I blinked hard and sat up in my bed. Everyone had left for breakfast so I was sort of late.

I did my usual morning routine and skipped down to the common room. Surprisingly, Seamus and Ron were there waiting for me. Ron is usually stuffing his face with food at this time in the morning. "Alright sleeping beauty? Wake up late again?" Seamus giggled. I rolled my eyes and punched his arm playfully. "Come on you. I'm missing out on breakfast for this! You better be thankful." Ron said leading us out of the common room.

We made our way down to the great hall and sat down at the Gryffindor table. Everything went along as normal. Laughing, smiling and Ron stuffing his face. I had Ron and Seamus sat beside me and Hermione in front of me. "Where we're you last night? You came up to bed kind of late." Hermione asked. "You know what Hermione, I would like to know the same thing. Care to explain?" Seamus butted into our conversation. "Like I told you last night, I was just exploring. Alright? Leave it out will you?" I said sounding rather frustrated with Seamus as he didn't believe me. It was true though I guess. I was just missing out the part about Malfoy was all.

Care of Magical Creatures was first. We all went down into the Forbidden Forest. The class crowded around Hagrid and a rather large sort of cage. "Right ladies and gentlemen. Come around, come around," Hagrid motioned with his hands. "Can you all see? Ok, good. So inside of this cage I have..." He removed a large dark sheet off of the top. "Nifflers!" Hagrid announced. "But Hagrid, isn't it dangerous to keep them in a confined space? They will reek havoc!" Hermione said. "That's why I'm trying to get on with this as quickly as I can Miss Granger." Our teacher replied.

Hagrid then explained the task. We would all be paired up (two students and one Niffler). There was Leprechaun's gold buried in the ground and the pair who's Niffler collected the most would win.

Hagrid paired us up and luckily I was with Hermione. She knew exactly what she was doing. We let our Niffler go and followed it around, saying encouraging words to it now and then.

"Mr Goyle! Leprechaun's gold is pointless to steal: it disappears after a few hours. So I would suggest you give those bits back to your Niffler." Hagrid advised. I let out a rather loud snort while gigging. Goyle's head whipped towards me. "What are you laughing at Duncan? Y-You filthy blood traitor!" Goyle stuttered but then thought of a come back and spat it at me. Hermione gave them all a death stare and turned me around so I wasn't facing them anymore. All of the Slytherins were laughing. Including Draco. That was what hurt the most. Hermione was telling me something along the lines of "he's a git" and "don't listen to him". But I couldn't focus. I knew I seemed stupid because Malfoy was always like that to everyone but I thought I was different to him or something I don't know. All I knew was that this minor thing that happened, had had a major impact on my heart.

~*~

It was time for supper and we were all in the great hall. Once again, Ron was stuffing his face.

I hadn't let what happened in Care of Magical Creatures effect my whole day. However, it was still lurking at the back of my mind.

"Slow down Ronald! You will make yourself be sick!" Hermione said pointing at him. He shrugged and continued eating. We all giggled. "You should do as your girlfriend says Weasley. We don't want any more of what your mummy calls baby fat piling up on you." I didn't even have to turn around to know who it was. I tried to contain my anger but I couldn't. I whipped my head around and began to should at Malfoy. "You know what Malfoy? Shut your bloody big trap because the only people that think what you say is funny is your little minions! And they only laugh because they are scared that they will upset their precious master! It's crap! Complete and utter crap! You only do it so you can uphold your role as "Malfoy that blonde git in Slytherin". It's all an act isn't it? Because I know for a fact that you can be nice. For a fact!" I gasped for air. Then I looked around to see the whole of the Gryffindor table and Slytherin table staring at me. I felt my face begin to turn red. Malfoy was wide eyed. Seamus turned me around and glared at Malfoy. Just like Hermione had done previously. I heard the sound of Malfoy storm off to the Slytherin table. The sound of voices began to rise. The moment being over. "That felt good." I chuckled. "I bet it did!" Seamus said and I placed my head on his shoulder.

After we finished eating, we all went back up to our common room and sat by the fire. And by we all I mean me, Seamus, Ron, Harry, Neville and Hermione. But I was tired so I went up to my dorm and started getting ready for bed.

I was just about to flop onto my bed when I heard a tapping on my window. I hesitantly moved my curtain to peep out. There I saw an eagle owl perched outside of my window with a letter in its beak. I opened the window to let it come in since it was raining out. The owl soared in through the window and landed on my bed frame. I took the letter from out of its beak and opened it from the wax that had sealed it together.

"Duncan,

Meet me in the room of requirement as soon as possible. I didn't tell you all of the details about me last night. I have some more explaining to do.

DM."

The letter took me by surprise. I was sort of confused at first about the end of the letter. Who was DM? But then I remembered the first day of term when they messed up our bags. It was Malfoy. Malfoy wanted to meet me in the room of requirement past curfew even after I had shouted to him that same day. For some reason, I went. After all, if I hadn't, things would be different. I wouldn't know what I know now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

hiya ;) I know it's been a while but I haven't been very motivated at the moment. hope you understand :/. as always, vote and comment </3

laterz 💛💛💛