ii

With an uneventful rest of the journey, we arrived at Hogwarts. We were all rather concerned about the whereabouts of Harry.

We all stepped off of the train and headed toward the castle. Seamus and I walked together, his arm around my shoulder. We had been inseparable ever since we met on the train that same day. "I'm kind of worried about Harry, what if something bad has happened to him?" I looked up at Seamus. "He'll be fine, he can handle himself." Seamus reassured me.

This year, Filch was checking everyone's bags understandably. Hogwarts needed to be extra careful because of everything that had been happening with the dark lord and the death eaters. Especially with someone as significant as Harry Potter attending our school.

We all walked in and headed to our common room. Hermione told the Fat Lady the password and the portrait revealed the entrance to the common room.

"I'm going to put my robe on for the sorting ceremony," I said to Seamus while entering the common room. "Meet me back down here in 5?" I ask and Seamus agrees.

I walk up to the girls' dormitories and see that everyone's stuff is already there. I open my trunk to reveal a sea of green and black. A confused look creeps onto my face. "Um Hermione, do you know who's stuff this is? It's not mine." I ask. "I'm not sure, there is Slytherin uniform which isn't a good sign. Check the label," She replies. I close the trunk and check the label. I look at the side of the trunk and see the initials 'D M'. "Who has the initials D M?" I turn to face Hermione. "Oh no, you've got yourself in a right state there haven't you?" She chuckles. I'm still drowning in confusion. "Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the luggage of Draco Malfoy." She announces, giggling at her own joke. I mentally face palm. "You have to return it, or you will be wearing green for the whole year." Hermione sighs. "Bloody hell." I say, clearly annoyed. I gather all of Malfoy's stuff and head out of my dorm and into the common room where the fire was lit. I left and headed down towards the dungeons.

It took me a while to get down to the dungeons as Malfoy's bag was extremely heavy. When I eventually got there, I then realised, how the hell am I going to get in? So I decided to just wait outside until another Slytherin walked by.

It had been about 5 minutes when Blaise Zabini walked past. "Oh um Zabini isn't it?" He turned to face me looking confused. "Um yes.." he replied. "Yeah I'm Jocelyn Duncan, I just wondered if you could go into the Slytherin common room and give Malfoy his stuff and him give me mine. They messed up our luggage." I explained. "Yeah s-sure." He said hesitantly. He whispered the password and went inside. I stood outside awkwardly.

The next thing I knew, Draco Malfoy came storming out of the common room. "Duncan," he greeted me with a nod. "Bloody ridiculous, isn't it? Messing up our luggage." He scoffed. I was surprised that he didn't find a way to blame me. He was actually being nice about it I guess. "Yeah I know right." I reply. I hand over his things and he hands me mine. "Look um... I'm sorry for-for being such a git on the train." He apologised. I was in complete and utter shock. Draco Malfoy, apologising to me? "Um th-thanks I guess." I smile nervously. "See you in the great hall?"
"Yep, of course." I pick up my bags and head back up to the Gryffindor common room in disbelief.

On the way up, I saw a frustrated Seamus. I tapped him on the shoulder "could I get a little bit of help please?" I huffed. Seamus let out a long sigh of relief "where were you, I was waiting for like 20 minutes and you didn't show up."
"They messed mine and Malfoy's bags up."
"Oh merlin, I could imagine what he was like." Seamus began mimicking Malfoy "my father will hear about this." He teased and I laughed. "No no no, it was really weird actually. He was actually being nice to me. He apologised for what happened on the train and said he'll see me in the great hall." I explained. "No way! Draco Malfoy? Nice? I don't believe it!" He seemed genuinely surprised. "Ugh just help me get these bags up to my dorm will you?" And with that we grabbed my bags and went to the Gryffindor common room.

I got my robes on and went down to the great hall with Seamus. We arrived a bit late but we were still on time for the feast. I was sat in between Ron and Harry with Seamus opposite me. Harry turned up just before I did with a bloody nose. I tried to eat as much as I could because the food was so good but every time I looked to my left I would be put off by the sight of the blood covered Harry Potter.

I was sort of enjoying my meal when Ron started coughing. I thought nothing of it and continued eating. Then he nudged me and it was obviously harder than he intended on doing because I dropped my fork. I looked at him wondering what the hell he wanted. His eyes were flicking between me and something in the distance. I followed his gaze to see a pair of ocean blue eyes staring at me, just like on the train. Draco Malfoy. Our eyes met and he immediately looked down. Avoiding my gaze. "What the bloody hell is that all about?" Ron asked sounding rather shocked. I shrugged and continued eating.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
hiya ;) I'm trying to write at least 2 parts for this story everyday and so far it's working which is good :) comment some suggestions of what should happen next and vote ;)

laterz 💛💛💛