42

Chapter 42

Alexis’ P.O.V

I woke up with some birds singing and the daylight invading my room through the blind holes. I was sure I wasn’t any near from the same position I fell asleep to. Bingo!

As soon as I opened my eyes properly, I noticed I had my head laying on Luke’s chest. He was still asleep and how fragile he looked.  Sometimes I wished he could look like that forever, but that would never pass from a simply wish. Luke was everything but fragile most of the time. He obviously had his weakest moments, some of them I witnessed myself. But that was it, just some little and rare weak moments, just like everyone deserves to have sometimes. I had a bunch of them myself, but I was a goner, for real. I was nothing but weak and Luke was the one who knew that better than anyone.

“You’re so stupid.” I thought to myself while realizing I was making everything about me, even my own thoughts about how fragile Luke looked, it had to end up being about me and my weakness. Maybe he was right, maybe Luke was right when he said that despite everything I was full of myself, well I wasn’t but it seemed like somehow I always ended up making everything being about me, one way or another. But I had to let that go, I had to let those stupid and useless thoughts go. For once in my life, I wasn’t feeling as sad and as empty as I used to, for once in my life I was feeling something, something beyond what I could I explain.

It was incredibly surprising the amount of times I moved my body and my head which was above his chest and still, he didn’t woke up. Heavy sleep, I would say.

Finally I was having the opportunity to check out clearly his chest’s tattoo.

I carefully moved my head from his chest and supported my body on my elbows. Guess what? Nope, he didn’t woke up. He was very tired last night, which was probably normal.

I then looked mindfully to his chest and could clearly see what that tiny little black drawing was. A dagger, he had a very weevil dagger tattooed on his chest, just right above his heart. Realizing that gave me chills. Why would he tattoo a dagger above his heart? Creepiest, why would he only tattoo that on his torso when the rest of his body his covered in tattoos? Well, despite his face, of course. But seriously, I was more intrigued than ever, more intrigued about him, about his so evil and dark past.

Then and there, I slowly moved my face towards his asleep one and carefully placed a small kiss in his cheek. Did I already mentioned how handsome he was? Well, he actually was and I was so grateful for being able to see him sleeping, it was one of the most adorable things, in fact.

“Oh, that’s how you wish me a good morning?” He scared me as soon as I removed my lips from his face. That jerk was awake for a while now, he was just pretending to be sleeping, for sure.

“Holy…” I started to speak but he quickly made his way towards me and pushed me against my mattress.

“Shh…don’t swear, it doesn’t look good in a girl, especially in such an innocent and good girl like you.” He teased me while biting his bottom lip and with his forefinger placed on my lips. If his intentions were to kill me by the morning then it was working, for sure. “Now…were you just by a matter of fact, watching me sleeping?” He asked raising his eyebrow seductively and I only felt like biting him, but I didn’t.

“What…what? No.” I lied very embarrassed and he laughed, the motherfucker simply laughed.

“Liar…I guess I already told you I don’t like liars, Lexi…” For Christ’s sake, I freaking hated it when he called me Lexi, I hated it because it turned me on so much.

“Yeah? What are you going to do… tickle me?” I provoked him, lifting my legs in a very slow movement and making them touch the middle of his. His face was priceless.