So, I confessed my feelings.

Turned out, she felt the same way.

Yet, she couldn't break up with him because she was scared that it would break him.

So we kept it a secret.

Secrets are hard to keep. I find that out the hard way because eventually, Taehyung caught us making out under the bleachers before the game.

He didn't say anything, but his performance during the game did.

We fought.

And I felt horrible.

Yeri hated seeing both of us damaged by our broken friendship.

So she called Taehyung over so we could fix things.

I wait nervously.

Taehyung walks into Yeri's house and looks at the two of us.

He laughs without humor. "You said you were going to give me back my things. Not that he was going to be here."

Yeri looks down, "I just want you guys to forgive each other."

Taehyung leans against the door, not daring to come in any further. "I will never forgive him. Neither of you actually."

Yeri starts sniffling and I get angry.

"Don't act like you're innocent in this too. You weren't sincere with Yeri either."

She hiccups and stares at him with furrowed eyebrows. "W-what?"

I keep my eyes glued onto Taehyung. "He's been dating you while liking someone else this whole time."

Taehyung finally walks over and grabs me by the collar.

"Stop! Your arm! You're going to strain it!" Yeri shouts as she stands up.

"I'm fine!" Taehyung shouts angrily, tears forming in his eyes. "I'm going to be fine."

I try to pry off Taehyungs hands. "Let go of me. We are all to blame for this."

Taehyung laughs.

"Seriously? You think that what you guys did and what I did... are the same?"

I grit my teeth. "Let go. I don't want to hurt you."

Taehyung shakes me. "Go for it. Hit me."

I push him gently but everytime I do so he comes closer and pushes harder--- my biggest pet peeve.

I angrily sock him in the side of his rib and before I know it we're crashing into things.

Yeri screams. "Stop it!"

We fumble on the ground, each giving each other a fair amount of bruises.

In the process, I accidentally twist his arm.

He groans and comes off of me.

"Want to know why you guys have done me more damage than I have done to you guys?!" He holds his arm.

"I'm not angry that you cheated behind me back. I'm just angry that you two liked each other and didn't tell me. Why? Because I'm going to die anyway?"

I shake my head and Yeri freezes in her spot.

He looks back and forth between us.

"You guys were going to wait it out until I died. How do you think I felt when I realized that."

We looked down at the floor. He was right.

"Take this back!" Taehyung screams and rips the bracelet off of his wrist.

The beads fly everywhere. He grabs a couple.

"One for remembering this and one for..."

He turns and whips it at the vase holding the flowers.

I watch as the vase shatters and the water pours out.

I don't say anything.

I just watch him leave.

Yeri runs after him, calling for his return.

Defeated, I lay on the couch with my throbbing head in my hands.

I sit there and cry.

Because I just lost my best friend, and I might not ever get a chance to ask for his forgiveness.