3. Stitches

3. Stitches

I look down at my arm to see the damage as Angela runs over to me.

“We need to get you to the hospital!” exclaims Angela.

I shake my head vigorously, “I-I can’t go to the hospital. Charlie will find out, he’ll kill me.”

Angela sighs, “Bella, there’s too much blood. We can’t just wrap it and hope that it gets better. You need to go to the hospital.”

I look up at everyone else. Ben has pushed a drunken Mike into the living room. Jessica and Lauren are also in the living room because of all the blood. I look over at Mike’s mother’s glass case. It was destroyed not a part left unbroken.

“Wh-Who bu-bumped into me?”

Angela sighs shaking her head, “I think Tyler bumped into Mike who in turn bumped into you. Mike being drunk he couldn’t get control of his footing.”

I shake my head as my arm begins to throb. Ben comes back into the kitchen now that Tyler has sobered up enough to watch over Mike, Jessica, Eric, and Lauren.

“How bad is it?” asks Ben toward Angie.

She shakes her head, “There’s no way we can patch it up here. She has to go to the hospital.”

Ben sighs, “You know they’ll call the chief.”

Angela sighs nodding, “I know it. We have to, we don’t have any choice.”

Ben sigh nodding, “We should take her. Mike isn’t in any condition to drive at the moment.”

Angela shakes her head, “He’s going to hate himself in the morning.”

I mentally shiver. He’s not going to blame himself; he’s going to blame me like every other time. He never blames himself. I’m always the one to blame. I always cause him to do these things to me. That’s what he always tells me and then apologizes later.

Tyler comes to the entrance of the kitchen, “How bad is she?”

Ben shakes his head, “You’re going to have to keep Mike preoccupied. She’s going to have to go the hospital. Angie and I can get her there if you keep everyone occupied. Mike’s in no condition to drive her there. He’ll have a wreck on the way.”

Tyler nods understanding. Ever since Tyler’s van crashed at the school he knows how unsafe driving can be. I’m just thankful that morning instead of driving my truck I was with Mike. One of the only times I’m grateful that I was with Mike on one of the better mornings. That was back when Mike’s family was the same nice people they always were. Summer vacation really changed everything.

Tyler walks back into the living room and I turn to Angie along with Ben, “We should wrap my arm up at least. I’ll get blood all over the place.”

Angela sighs looking over at Ben who nods, “She’s telling the truth. Everyone in town will know about this by tomorrow but we shouldn’t make a mess in the car. My mom will kill me.”

Angela nods turning to me, “Bella, are there any bandages in the bathroom? We should wrap it up before we get you in the car.”

I nod, “There are some in both bathrooms. Mike’s mom keeps them around ever since I hurt my leg on the stairs. Mike and she had to wrap up my leg before the ambulance got here.”

I hate lying to Angela but it’s necessary. Mike had accidentally pushed me down the stairs. It was before he changed and he hated himself afterward. Personally I think he didn’t want to say anything but he liked it in the end. After he changed he realized it felt good to hurt me.