We end up making to class just as the warning bell rings, Ms. Miller doesn't lecture us. Instead she stands in front of the room with a smile on her face, "Good morning class."

She started doing this after Valentine's Day and slowly we've been warming up the idea. Maybe not fearing for my sanity every day is a good thing.

"Before we get started I would like to inform you of a project that will be due in a little over a month."

We all groan, preparing for the worst.

"You must do a report on a college of your choosing. You can either present it in any way or if you choose not to, I ask for extra research to be turned in."

The class perks up at this, no mandatory speech. The days of panicking and making myself look like an idiot to the public are over. The rest of class goes by in a blur, my mind wandering to the thought of college, which then makes me think about turning 18, which makes me think of getting custody.

Now I'm panicking all over again. It's fine. Everything is completely fine.

*****

"Hey, are you ok?" Ashton checks on me before lunch, messing with my hair as I change books out at my locker.

Nope, I'm a total wreck of anxiety. I close my locker, leaning against it for support. "I'm fine, just tired that's all."

He places hands above my head, pressing his forehead on mine. Mint fills my nose, calming me as his grey eyes stare into mine and I feel something tingly inside me. If only I could bottle his smell up. Just when I think he's gonna call my bluff he kisses the tip of my nose, "You can nap at my house before we do our history homework."

I smile, remembering that I'm going to his house makes me feel better already.

Ashton moves a hand to resume playing with a curl, "Why did you use a curling iron today?"

Out of habit I grab my hair. "I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep, why? Do you hate it?" It's the first time I've used my wand in a while, maybe I didn't do a good job.

"Of course I like it, it's your hair." He assures me, "It's just different."

We stay there, the thought of lunch long forgotten. I close my eyes, between the mint, the cold lockers and Ashton playing with my hair I could sleep right here. Standing up and all. His other hand moves to my waist, finding that one little patch of skin. Goosebumps rise on my skin.

I feel something soft press against my collarbone causing me to giggle. It happens again, this time for a little longer creating another fit of giggling. I love that spot, that's exactly where my-

Wait a minute.

I open my eyes to find Ashton focused in my lips, his body much closer than before.

"No sir, not today." I say, pushing him back. I glance around the hallway to make sure no ones around us.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done anything." He instantly apologizes looking away, rubbing the back of his neck.

I'm touched that's his first reaction for something like this. I know from experience that's not how everyone handles it.

"It's perfectly fine Ash." I say but I know it falls on deaf ears. I cup his chin, forcing him to look down at me, "It's okay to kiss me." You just started for the love of god don't stop.

"No it's not, I should've stopped." He protests, trying to twist his face away.

I pull him closer, "I trust you." His eyes go soft, finally listening to me. "I'll let you know when it's not." I press a kiss to his lips, reaching up on my tiptoes to do so. "Okay?"