Numb (Marinette X Depressed Reader)

Author's POV

Y/n woke up to her alarm clock, heading towards her bathroom hearing her parents arguing quite loudly.  A sigh escaped her lips, proceeding in brushing her teeth and getting ready for school.  She wore a black long sleeved shirt and some blue jeans and a pair of Adidas. 

She didn't take the bus, she preferred to walk to school since she didn't really like to be surrounded by people.  She preferred to walk by herself, with no one by her side.  "Y/n! Wait up!" she stopped on her tracks and looked behind her, seeing the one and only Marinette Dupain-Cheng.  And yes, y/n in fact has a huge crush on her, only she didn't show it as much. But she does at times show some tell-tell signs. "Oh, Marinette hi" she waved at her.  "Hey, so I couldn't help but notice that you were walking alone so I decided to join you" she smiled.  God, her smile lights up my world..  Y/n thought to herself as a small visible blush formed on her cheeks.  "That's very nice of you.. thank you" a small smile appeared on her face.  "No problem!" she beamed as she walked beside y/n.

Marinette's POV

I walked beside y/n, I noticed that she's been acting a bit strange lately. She's been a bit emotionless and I haven't seen her smile in a long time until now.  A part of me wanted to hold her hand and squeeze it lightly, or  to hold her close to me and stroke her hair telling her that everything will be alright.  As you might've already guessed, I am actually in love with her, and seeing her like this really worries me.  I care deeply about y/n,  I care more about her than I do about myself.  She probably might not feel the same way about me but, I really don't care about that right now, all I care about is her well being, and her emotionless state that deeply concerns me.  Without hesitation I decided to hold her hand.  She stiffened slightly then looked down at her hand which was held by mine, she turned to look at me shocked.  A small comforting smile lightly squeezing her hand.  "M-Marinette why are you holding my hand?" she asked.  "I uh- sorry" I stopped holding her hand then looked away as my cheeks reddened. 

Y/N's POV

"Wait no that's not-" a sigh escaped my lips.  I actually like when she held my hand..  "I'm sorry for holding your hand like that, I should've asked first.. "she said rubbing her arm. I never told you to stop?  "No it's cool" I said smiling a bit. 

We both finally got to school as I sat in my seat by myself as I felt eyes were on me.  I looked up and saw Marinette looking at me, and so did Alya.  They both gestured me to sit by them.  I hesitated but sat with them.  "Hey girl" the ombrè haired girl spoke.  "Hey Alya" I responded.  "Girl, are you feeling okay? You've been a bit off there lately..  You know you can always tal-" I cut her off "I'm fine, okay? I don't need any help" I said a bit harshly.  Alya blinked at my sudden reaction as I got up and walked back my seat.  I placed my head down feeling tears form on my eyes as sniffs were heard. 

Author's POV

Marinette heard sniffles coming from the back of the classroom as she looked behind her, she realized they were coming from y/n.  She got up and sat next to her, gently rubbing her back.  "Y/n hey, it's okay I know you didn't mean it.. You want us to talk in a private place?" she asked softly.  Y/n nodded her head at her suggestion.  Marinette held her hand and took her out of the room, to a private place where it was just the two of them.  "Okay, we're alone now..  Now will you please tell me what's going on?" she asked looking at her.  Y/n sniffed "My life is falling apart Marinette, my parents are arguing, they are thinking of getting a divorce and they keep blaming me for it and.." she continued to sob.  "I'm so sorry to hear that... And I really wish I could help you but I don't know how.." she said looking down then at her.  "All I could do is give you my solace and maybe my love.. But it probably won't help.. " she added.  She looked up at the bluenette. "Wait you.. You love me?" she asked looking at her in disbelief. Marinette smiled while cupping her cheeks "I've always had y/n, I care so much about you much more than I do about myself..  And seeing you like this simply breaks my heart and I wish I can help you.. I want to help you" she said as tears formed on her eyes. "You are actually the only one who brings a smile to my face, your smile lights up my whole world..  You are my main source of happiness, you bring color back into my life and you keep me alive" she had just poured her heart out to her.  Marinette felt her her heart melting at y/n's words. All she wanted right now was her lips against hers, it seemed like she had read her mind because y/n smashed her lips on hers.  Marinette's eyes widened as she slowly wrapped her arms around her neck and close her eyes falling in love with the feeling of her lips against hers. Y/n pulled away looking deep into her bluebell eyes. "I love you" she breathed out.  "I-I love you more" Marinette said lovingly as she held her hands and their foreheads touched. "I'm so happy you're in my life.. " y/n spoke as Marinette smiled looking deep into her e/c eyes getting hopelessly lost in them.  "I'm happy that you allow me to be a part of it.. "