Secret Love Song

I walk through the large corridors lined with metal, stereotypical lockers, decorated differently with many colours and shapes. I hear the student gossiping about the latest  Hollywood drama, and who hooked up at the big party on the weekend. I scoff at their immaturity, but am naturally also curious as to the events. I know that my boyfriend, Lance, went. Not like anyone knows he's my boyfriend.

I decided it would be best for both of us, if no one knew we were together. He has his reputation that needs to be upheld, so I give him his space when we are at school. It does pain me sometimes, not being able to hold his hand, kiss him or hug him in the hallways. I didn't go to Prom, just because I knew he would take some other girl to hide our relationship.

It's not that we don't want to be together in public, it's just that we can't be together in public. This town is extremely judgmental of socio-economic status, AKA how much money you have. I live on the other side of town from Lance, aka the more poor side of town, whereas Lance is on the rich side of town.

I do trust him. I trust that he wouldn't cheat on me with some other girl. I know that he loves me, as I love him. With all of my heart. We do spend a lot of time together, although we never venture outside our houses.

I don't have many friends, which is why Lance is opposed to the idea of not being together at school, but I constantly reassure him that I'm fine. I don't want my reputation and status to ruin his. He has a good thing going.

I can't help but feel the pang in my heart as Lance talks to a couple of girls from the cheer leading team. I wish that was me he was talking to. I watch him for a moment from my locker. I smile as his eyes flicker over to me, as he obviously notices my presence. I see a small smile form on his lips. I take my eyes away from him for a moment, when I hear a clicking from behind me. I turn around at the noise, and stare at the girl in front of me.

"Look, it's the rat bitch" She sneers at me, flicking a piece of her long brown hair over her shoulder, chewing her gum. No, not chewing, popping.

"Well hello to you too Heather" I respond, closing my locker once I had gotten all of my books out. I push a piece of my hair behind my ear. It's up in a ponytail, with small bits hanging out. I am definitely the most under dressed, as I am wearing a pair of skinny jeans, a Panic! At The Disco t-shirt, and an oversized army green coat. 

"I see the way you look at Lance, you slut. But if I catch your filthy ass going anywhere near him, I will deal with you myself" She smirks, pushing me backwards into my locker with a loud thud. A stream of pain spikes up my back as I crumble to the ground.

"Weak ass bitch" She snarls. I hear a rush of footsteps running over to us, probably a crowd of brain dead people, ready to watch the spectacle that is bullying.

"What are you going to do?" She laughs, and I see a bunch of phones being pulled out of pockets. Great. Just great. I close my eyes, in an attempt to make myself feel like nothing is happening. Keep myself grounded. I don't want to cry.

"Pussy bitch!" I feel my cheek sting, as my head is whipped to the side. I bring my hand to my cheek, feeling the tears threaten to spill.

"Back the fuck off!" I hear yelling and I freeze. Lance?

"Why should I do that baby?"I hear Heather's annoyingly sugary voice. I open my eyes.

"Don't you fucking touch her Heather!" He yells at her again. She flinches, hurt evident in her face. But then she smirks. But he is fuming.

"Oh I love it when you get all riled up baby" She teases, putting her hand on his chest, trailing her fingers down. But he pushes her hand away.

"I don't want you hurting my girlfriend" He yells, and all the murmuring ceases. Heather's eyes go wide as she looks down at me. I must admit, even I am surprised at this. I never thought he would reveal our relationship until we moved away from this place.

"You? And this bitch?" She chuckles in shock. But Lance doesn't pay attention as he walks over to me, his face suddenly worried. I feel a tear trickle down my cheek as he reaches his hand out to me. This is the first time I have touched his hand in public. After a whole 2 years of dating.

He pulls me up and I immediately wrap my arms around him, as he does me. Everyone gasps, and I hear the whispering pick up again. He tightens his hold on me, one of his hands on the back of my neck, pulling me closer as I cry into his neck.

"It's okay baby" He whispers, kissing my cheek.

I feel safe. I haven't felt this safe in the two years that we have been dating. But here, in his arms, I feel more safe than ever.

And for the first time ever, I feel like I can stand up to anyone.

Love conquers all standards.

Hope you guys enjoyed this one! 

This chapter is a prompt from the wonderful @LoganIsRelatable and I hope that I did it justice!

Have an amazing day/night loves!!!

-Z