Million Reasons

"And next up, we have Katie Holt and Lance McClain, singing Million Reasons by Lady Gaga. Please make them feel welcome" I hear the applause as I stand up from my seat, holding my hand out to my girlfriend sitting next to me, to which she smiles, taking it and standing next to me. I hear some people whistling and it makes me feel slightly nervous. Katie and I have been practicing this duet for around 2 months now, as we were asked to perform at our Graduation dinner tonight. She looks absolutely gorgeous tonight, wearing a flowing dark blue dress that sits off the shoulders. She also has her shoulder length hair curl, and held out of her face with some silver flowers. I smile at her as we adjust our microphones to our height, Katie having to lower hers dramatically, causing all of our peers to laugh. She pokes her tongue out at them teasingly, smiling brightly. She then looks back up at me, nodding her head. I then hear the familiar strings and instrumental intro begin to play. I take a deep breath before I begin singing.

"You're giving me a million reasons to let you go. You're giving me a million reasons to quit the show" I sing, feeling all of my nerves vanish at once. I glance over at Katie to see her smiling at me, before singing along with me.

"You're givin' me a million reasons, give me a million reasons, givin' me a million reasons, about a million reasons  " We sing together, our voices effortlessly harmonizing as we had practiced.

"If I had a highway, I would run for the hills. If you could find a dry way, I'd forever be still" I listen to Katie's beautiful voice through the microphone. And as I look off into the sea of students, I can already tell they are absolutely entranced by her voice.

"You're givin' me a million reasons, give me a million reasons, givin' me a million reasons, about a million reasons" I join her, again creating a beautiful sound.

"I bow down to pray, I try to make the worst seem better. Lord, show me the way, to cut through all his worn out leather" We sing together every first line, and I sing solo every second line of the small part of the chorus.

"I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away" We sing, and Katie hits the notes perfectly, and I feel myself smiling as I listen to her angelic voice sing the next line.

"But baby I just need one good one to stay" She smiles at me. I reach for her hand as I sing the next part.

As we are starting to finish the duet, the room has gone absolutely silent. Everyone is very used to Katie and I performing, but I can tell some of them are still entranced by the music. I don't blame them, Katie has an absolutely gorgeous voice. And I'm not too bad myself.

"When I bow down to pray, I try to make the worst seem better. Lord, show me the way, to cut through all his worn out leather" We sing together, Katie hitting the higher harmony notes, her voice becoming slightly rough, but sounding just as beautiful. We haven't let go of our hands, and I squeeze hers tightly.

"I've got a hundred million reasons to walk away, but baby, I just need one good one, good one. Tell me that you'll be the good one, good one. Baby, I just need one good one to stay" We finish off. The music had faded out and we sang the last line A Capella, which created a beautiful effect. As our voices ring out, our classmates and teachers all stand up, clapping their hands ferociously. I smile at my girlfriend as the applause echos through the hall. She looks up at me with the most gorgeous smile on her face, and I can't help but pull her towards me and give her a sweet, soft kiss. The girls in the audience aww at us, and the guys just whistle. I then feel something in my pocket and remember exactly what I wanted to do. I pull away from Katie and step back. Katie looks at me in confusion, frowning as I lower myself onto the ground. Immediately Katie's hand fly to her mouth in shock, as I kneel on one knee and pull out a box. Everyone in the audience gasps, and I see tears come to Katies eyes. I pick up the microphone from the ground.

"No this is not a proposal" I point at the audience with a silly face. Katie giggles along with the rest of their laughter. I then turn back to my gorgeous girl with a sincere smile.

"Katie Holt, ever since you arrived at this school at the beginning of last year, I have had my eye on you. I thought you were absolutely gorgeous, and you are, and I admired your intelligence, your kindness, and, of course, you sass and sarcasm. And I can say, from the bottom of my heart, that I love you Katie, my beautiful girlfriend and best friend, and you are my everything," I say as I open the box, displaying a simple silver band with a small diamond ingrained in the band. A few tears slip down Katie's face as she smiles down at me.

"And I want you to continue being my everything, for as long as you love me. There will never be a time in my life where I will not love you Katie. I don't know how long we will be together Katie, but I can imagine my entire life  being next to you, and I hope that's the case. This ring, is a promise from me to you, that you will never feel unloved. I will love you, with all my heart, as long as you want me to. And I also promise to make sure you are happy, and always smiling, because I love it when you do. Katie, I love you to the moon and back. Do you accept this promise?" I ask, anticipating her reaction. She rolls her eyes, beaming down at me. She nods her head, wiping her tears away. I stand up and she steps up to me, wrapping her arms around my neck. I wrap my arms around her waist in return, holding her tightly. She pulls her head back, and places her lips on mine. The audience, who I have almost forgotten about, is cheering just as loudly as before. People are crying, people are laughing, smiling, hugging, all of the above. Katie pulls away, smiling at me, and wiping a tear away from under my eye. 

"You are such a sap Lance" She laughs. I only smile, slipping the small ring on her finger. She looks down at it in what I can tell is pure happiness. She brings me in for another kiss, her soft lips tasting like honey. She pulls away, her hands on my cheeks.

"You're my everything baby" I whisper. I see another tear roll down her cheek as she whispers back,

"You're my everything too"

Hey guys, sorry for my recent hiatus.

I have had a bit of writers block and lots of school assignments as well.

I hope you enjoyed that one shot, it honestly had me in tears whilst writing it.

Please comment down below ideas for these one shots, I need all the inspo I can get!

Hope you all have a wonderful day/night my loves <3

xoxoxo