Human Meets Altean Pt. 2

"Lance!" I yell, my timid voice echoing through the seemingly empty wood. My eyes scan the area for any sign of the slightly older boy, but I find nothing. I furrow my eyebrows in confusion when nothing around me moves. I stand next to the tree we first met underneath a few weeks ago. After a few minutes of waiting, I feel myself become extremely nervous. I begin to frantically search the forest for something. 

"Lance!" I yell again, waiting for my new friend to appear. I nervously tuck a piece of my short hair behind my ear, biting my lip lightly. I then hear footsteps. I snap my head up in excitement. But immediately feel my stomach sink when it's not Lance. My smile drops immediately as I stare at the boy in front of me. He is sickly pale with pitch black hair (BTW This is not Keith) and piercing red eyes.

"Who are you?" I ask, trying to show some sort of confidence. The boy, who looks slightly older than I am, smiles mischievously at me. He takes a step towards me, and I feel myself flinch.

"I'm your worst nightmare, my pretty" He smirks at me, taking another step towards me. I find myself trying to back further into the tree, only to realize I am already pressed against it. In the blink of an eye, quite literally, the boy is standing right in front of me, his face a few inches away from mine. He places a bony, white hand under my chin, tilting my face up to look at him. I can't move. I am frozen in place as I stare into his blood red eyes. He smiles at me, his eyes scanning my face. I watch in horror as he licks his lips.

"You are very pretty. And you're blood, it smells so good" He says, leaning in to me, placing his head near my neck, and breathing in heavily. He lifts his head back up to look at my face.

"You are so innocent, I couldn't resist it. Your scent was so strong, I could smell you from miles away, my pretty" He coos, stroking my cheek with a smirk. I feel my heart speed up. This is how I die. Right here, right now.

"Do you have any last wishes?" He asks. I look him in the eye, unsure of what to do. Where is Lance? I feel a tear slip out of my eye, causing him to smile even more.

"Are you scared? Don't be. I will make this quick, and painless. And I'll take care of you in the afterlife" The boy, who I now have confirmed is a vampire, strokes my cheek again with the back of his bony hand. He leans into my neck. My heart beat increases in pace drastically.

"AH" I hear a shriek. I open my eyes suddenly to see the boy paused in front of me. He is frozen in place. And suddenly, he is crumbling. The boy who was just about to kill me, is turning to ashes. I watch in absolute amazement. Before I can process what is going on, I feel a pair of strong, safe arms wrap around my waist, hugging me tightly. I feel even more tears slip from my eyes.

"Katie, I am so so sorry! Are you okay? Did he hurt you?" I hear Lance ask me, pulling away from the hug, scanning my face and neck for any markings, cuts or bruises. I shake my head slowly, letting the events sink in. I was just nearly killed. But Lance saved me. Then it hits me like a ton of bricks. I burst into uncontrollable sobbing as Lance wraps his arms around me comfortingly.

"Where were you Lance?" I ask between my horrid sobs. He strokes my hair soothingly.

"I am sorry Katie, I was taking care of some Altean business so that's why I was late" He whispers to me, holding me a little more tightly. He pulls his head away from on top of mine, tilting my head up to face him. Just like the vampire boy. Except this time, I feel safe.

"Please don't cry Katie" He coos, wiping my tears away with him thumbs. I eventually calm down and we just stand there for a moment. He places his chin on the top of my head again, and my grip on his cloak loosens.

"How... how did you kill him?" I ask him, sniffling lightly.

"All Alteans are born with powers. Magical powers, if you will. I have been studying them and harnessing my skills for a long time, so I can use them against others. That is the first time I have ever done so. But I'm glad I did" He says softly. I can almost hear the smile in his voice as I pull my head back and look up at him. There it is. The most handsome, charming smile I have ever seen in my life.

"Thank you for saving me Lance" I reply, feeling a small blush reach my cheeks.

"You are absolutely adorable Katie" Lance mumbles, causing my blush to deepen. I smile up at him. He then leans down, hesitantly, stopping just a centimeter away from my lips. He doesn't make a move, almost as if he is contemplating whether or not to kiss me. After a moment, I realize he isn't going to move in, so I do what any other impatient teenage girl, standing in the embrace of her love would do.

I close the gap.

Between us.

Between our future.

Between our heart.

Between Alteans and Humans.

I hope y'all liked that, I had so much fun writing it!! It's just so frickin adorable!!!

Vote and comment and suggestions/ideas you have that you want to see me write in the future!!

Have a lovely day/night Love's!!!

-Z