Chapter 7: Friends?

When I finally came to, I felt a large pressure on my abdomen. I wasn't on as soft of a bed as I had been when I woke up in that cabin. This one felt more like a cot. The pressure felt somewhat familiar, and small snores could be heard if I strained my freshly groggy mind to hear acutely. That was enough to snap me out of my dazed state. Forcing my eyes open, a small, brown and white covered head filled my vision. A tiny black nose was pressed into my neck, and I could feel tiny breaths of warmth fanning across the visible flesh. If I could cry out in joy, that's what I would have been doing. A Cheshire smile settled upon my face as I enclosed my arms around the familiar bear cub in a death grip. 

     Brown eyes fluttered open as Orson groggily raised his head, squirming around in an attempt to get comfortable once more. Nuzzling my face into his cuddly fur, a large yawn left his outstretched jaw, followed quickly by a sneeze that landed all along my arms. My smile got so wide it physically hurt. I didn't know how he was here, or where here even was, but I was just too overjoyed by his appearance to care. 

     "Now just where are we, little Orson?" I mentally questioned the pizzly bear who was currently sprawled out across my midsection. My smile shortened into more of a small, motherly look as I stroked his fur and lulled him back to sleep. I finally decided to take a glance around the room, and I could feel the hairs on my neck rise. The feeling of being watched suddenly washed over me. Clutching Orson closer to my bosom, I scanned the room for anything that would cause that feeling. 

     The room was homely, and nearly reminded me of some distant memory. It was in the design of a simplistic bedroom, only slightly larger in dimensions. It was a bright room, with a cyan color for wallpaper with chevron stripes, and an off-white carpet covering the floor. Looking to my left, an IV bag was dangling off a stand, and following the cord with my eyes led me to a needle stuck into my left arm. Deciding to deal with it later, I scanned the right half of the room with a heavy sigh. I sat up to give me more room to look around, causing Orson to grumble as he waddled out of my arms. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary. A simple window overlooked what appeared to be a garden, but I wasn't certain because 1) the last window I saw lied to me and 2) the angle I was at made it hard to see out the window. A vanity mirror sat upon a dresser to the left of the window, putting it in a corner. Nothing peeked my interest until my eyes landed to the far right of me in the corner to that side.

     An obvious robot sat with dulled eyes, slightly slouching with its head lolling to the side. It was either deactivated, or it was in its resting mode. Either way, it was extremely nerve-wracking to look at. It had bright orange, thick hair that went to it's shoulders in the front, but was obviously cut shorter in the back. The eyes were also orange, but lacked the luminescent aspect of most robots due to it being 'off'. A white, frilly blouse with a sailor type jacket rested on its upper half, and a navy blue skirt reached down to its ankles. It was obviously designed to be a girl, because the dainty features, small hands, and slight protrudence of its chest gave off that feminine air. Her small hands were folded in her lap, obviously seeming to be waiting for something. 

     Looking back to the IV poking out of my arm, I removed the tape before slowly pulling the needle out of my vein. A small pin drop of blood appeared, but I quickly wiped it away. Orson was now laying at the end of the bed, curled up into a small ball of brown and white fur. I carefully removed the blankets that had been covering my lap and noticed that I was still dressed in the clothes I wore from the Arena, blood stains and all. Swinging my legs over the left edge of the bed, I went to get up before the sound of dusty cogs working together stopped me mid-action. 

     "Ah, you're awake! I thought you were going to be passed out forever! Now we can finally get to the Master and Mistress," came a sigh of relief from behind me. Standing and quickly whirling around, my (e/c) orbs locked with neon orange ones, and the robot brushed a stray strand of hair behind her ear. My mouth formed an 'o' as I leaned down to snatch up Orson.