Chapter 9: Secret Obsessions

Dominic had been dragging me throughout the entire establishment for at least an hour before we got to our destination. He'd shown me multiple rooms on our trip there, including his lab area, the kitchen, the main entrance way, and many more smaller scale rooms. In that time, he'd made small talk 'with me', often asking how my morning had been, if I'd slept well, etc. I'd been able to evaluate what he was wearing, which seemed to be a simple pair of white jean pants, no shoes, and a white sweatshirt with a depiction of a sunrise and birds flying overhead. The night before, I'd learned that his favorite color was white. 

     The door we'd stopped in front of had a sign on the surface saying 'Violet's Room'. The letters were a bolded violet with a white background. Behind the door, loud crashes and playful growls emitted. Dominic smiled at the sounds and turned towards me.

     "I'm gonna cover your eyes and make it more of a surprise, okay? I promise that she won't harm you, so there's nothing to worry about, Cutie," his angelic voice of liquid gold said with a mischievous tone. 'Cutie' seemed to be the nickname he'd chosen for me as of last night. I sent a small smile towards him with an eye roll and nodded my head in submission to him covering my eyes. 

     "Well look who's a secret sassy pants," he joked before moving behind me and wrapping an arm around my shoulder to cover my eyes with his hand. A faint 'click' could be heard as I assumed he opened the door. He placed that hand over my eyes as well and led me forwards. His body was so close to my own, I could distinguish his breathing, as well as feel the heat radiating from his body. He was holding me in a very comfortable position against his body, and I hardly noticed the diminished sound from inside the room. Our new presence seemed to disturb the creatures in the room until they realised the people now with them. A small, familiar whine came from across the room as little trots scitter-scattered across the floor. A bright smile lit up my face as I nearly broke away from Dominic's hold to see my pizzly bear. 

     In the midst of my joy, it was diminished when I felt a rather large, wet muzzle work it's way into my downturned palm. A furious sniffing was easily heard and lasted a few minutes, leaving my palm and trailing my legs, even reaching a little higher than my elbow. Whatever this animal was, it was huge. My breathing shallowed as a small instinct of fear took over. I stiffened against Dominic as he removed a hand from my eyes to pet my hair in a soothing manner. 

     "It's alright, (Y/n). She won't hurt you. Now, now, Violet, this is (Y/n), my friend," Dominic stated in a voice similar to baby-talk. At the sound of his voice, the snout disappeared from my skin and a small bark followed. The bark was a full, deep sound that resonated around the room. Dominic slightly moved away from me, the warmth following with him. 

     "I'll remove my hand now," he softly said, gently taking his fingers away from my face. When my eyes adjusted to the light, a huge creature with intermixed blue and purple fur was looking into my eyes with its own violet ones. The animal was larger than life, it's back reaching my forearm on all four feet. It was very bulky and muscularly built. My jaw dropped in amazement as it tilted its head to the left.

     "This is my pet wolf, Violet. She was bred for her spectacular size. I tried making her solely blue, but a mutation occurred that made her a mix of blue and purple. I still love her to death though. My very own pride and joy. She's six years old, but still a bundle of energy. She likes little Orson as a playmate," Dominic joyfully said, kneeling down and burying his face into Violet's fur. He wrapped his arms around her neck and brought her closer. I hadn't noticed it before, but she had her pink tongue hanging out her mouth and was panting. The room surrounding us was white themed. A large white, fluffy couch was in the middle of the opposite wall. The floor was a shaggy white carpet, and multiple chew toys littered the floor. A white curtain with miniature yellow suns for design hung across a large window, still allowing lots of afternoon Sun to illuminate the room. A large food dish sat in a corner of the room, with an equally large water dish beside it. The walls were the same white and cyan chevron stripes as my bedroom and two other doors led to conjoining rooms. A paw scanner resided on both, presumably to open them.