Animals and Vets (StacyxStampy)

for: MudkipBrony ;)

"It's okay Wink, you don't have to be scared." Stacy petted the puppy on the head, trying to calm him down. The puppy whined again, despite her reassurance. Stacy sighed, looking up at the clock and wondering how long more did she have to wait till she saw the veterinarian. Wink, her puppy, had to take some injections for his bad leg and so, Stacy brought him here.

And boy, this was taking way too long- 

"-And make sure you give Winslow enough food, Cassie," the door of the office opened slightly, as a girl with red hair and glasses nodded to the person speaking from inside, "Other than that, he'd be fine! See you next week!" 

Cassie closed the door behind her and went off to the counter to probably pay some bills while Stacy leaned against her chair. 

"You okay?" 

A sudden voice made her flinch, turning to see a girl with a  gentle expression and holding a chicken in her arms. Stacy wasn't sure who she was but she had to reply... 

"Yep, just tired.. Wink's getting restless." she nodded to the puppy in her arms, which whined on cue. The girl smiled, petting the chicken's head gently, "You can take my place if you want. I'm next, but that won't be a problem."

"Would that actually work?" Stacy asked, hesitant despite the girl's kind smile. 

"I don't mind, besides, Benedict's only here for a check up. Even though she's a chicken. but she means the world to me, isn't that right, girl?" she laughed and talked to the chicken in her arms, which nodded as if it understood her words.

Stacy smiled at the girl  gratefully. "Thank you.. I needed to rush somewhere else after this anyway.." 

The girl winked at her and continued talking to Benedict in a calm voice, singing a little to herself. 

"Next please?" the receptionist called, looking over at the girl, who gestured for Stacy to enter the room.

"Alright.. come on Wink." Stacy stood up, carrying her puppy in her arms and knocking on the door. "Come in!" a cheerful voice called, making Stacy step right into the room to see..

"Stampy?" she blinked, seeing her childhood friend. The little boy who always played with her at the playground, or built sandcastles with her at the beach.. she havent seen him in.. such a long time. "What-?"

"Stacy? Whoa! It's you!" Stampy beamed happily, his usual curly brown hair falling into his eyes and his eyes bright as ever.. Stampy.. was her childhood friend, sure. But also.. her childhood crush. Ever since they met, Stacy had fallen in love with his kindness towards animals and shy personality. And here he was, a veterinarian!

"You've changed a lot.. but anyway," Stampy gestured to the metal table in front of him, "I'll get down to business first then we can talk after!" Stacy smiled to herself. That's obviously Stampy... he always got down to business and put work first. "You never changed." she told him as he winked at her playfully. 

"Of course. Why should I?" he smiled and looked down at Wink, blushing a little.

*******************

"-Just give him his medication and he'd be alright!" Stampy told her after the procedure. The little puppy slept on the metal table, totally exhausted as Stampy petted his head, "He's a good little guy. But.." he looked at Stacy with a small smile.

"How have you been? It's been ages since I've last seen you.." 

Stacy wasn't sure how to reply. She was totally at ease with Stampy, but she couldn't help but feel her heart jump a little whenever he mentioned her name or talked to her. Perhaps moving away didn't help the crush she had for him. 

"You know.. I've got lots of animals. Busy, but alright." she admitted, watching Stampy doodle something on a piece of paper. "Oh Stacy.. you and your animals." he laughed.

"Hey! I love animals, alright?" she replied defensively, but also in a gentle tone. 

"Of course, I know," Stampy laughed, "Your house is as busy as a zoo-."

"You can come over sometimes Stamps.." she interrupted, "I mean.. it's been so long and I.. miss you. Really.." she admitted, feeling her face heat a little. 

Stampy glanced at Wink, who was still asleep, "Really?" 

Stacy held up her pinkie, "Don't you remember what I promised before I left?" 

He looked at her pinkie before reaching over to hook his to her's. "We'd meet again?"

She nodded, looking at their fingers. He.. didn't forget. After all these years. he didn't forget her.. Stacy felt relieved, like a weight off her chest. For so long, she thought about him, wondered if he remembered her and now.

She smiled at him again before pulling him into a tight hug, "I.. really did miss you." she muttered. 

...

"Me too Stacy.." he hugged her back, "Me too." 

-End 

(Ack- sorry If this was too short- I don't really have much inspiration right now to write >~< In fact, I barely touched any of my books.. ever since my phone got put on screentime ;-; it sucks. SCREW APPLE AND PARENTAL CONTROLS-) XD anyway, I'm still really really sorry about the other ships.. ;-; please no hurt me.)