Just a Bowl of Stew (M.JessexLukas)

If you don't ship them, don't read this. If you do, then go ahead 😻 🤧 This ship was suggested by AidenTheAuthor (so thank you, this was a fun story to write)

Jesse's PoV

I woke up to the sound of coughing. Opening my eyes, I gazed up at the ceiling, wondering if I was imagining the cough. Sliding out of bed, I opened my bedroom door and went to find the person who was coughing.

I hoped it wasn't Petra, as she had just recovered from the Withersickness... we hoped she had recovered. The cough came again, from the room next to mine. Lukas's room.

Carefully, I knocked on the door. "Lukas? You okay, buddy?" I called, and the sniffling stopped. I didn't know if he was sneezing or crying so I decided to just say that he was sneezing. "Lukas?" I called again.

"Wh- who's there? Jesse?" he gave a huge sneeze. I tried to kill the smile on my face as I opened his door. "Hey," I said and closed the dark oak wood behind me. Lukas was sitting up in bed, his blonde hair falling a little into his face as he sniffed. "You okay?" I asked, trying not to stare at his watery blue eyes, as he smiled up at me.

"Yeah... its just a flu, I think." Lukas was cut off my a loud sneeze, which sent papers flying everywhere. "How do you even sleep like this? With papers on your bed?" I laughed and picked up the papers from the hard planked floor. "Anything's possible. Besides. It helps me to think." Lukas replied.

Lukas reached up to take the papers while I handed them to him. Our fingers touched slightly and I blushed while Lukas turned red too. "Thanks Jesse," he said quickly, his face so red, it was so obvious.

I smiled and just patted his arm. "It's okay Lukas, just talk to me if you need me, okay?" I whispered and he nodded. As I exited the room, Lukas was lying back in bed, sleeping. His blonde hair curling against his pillow, his blue eyes shut. He looked so cute. I smiled again and closed the door softly.

**********************

Lukas's PoV

I woke up to the sound of the door opening and closing softly. I could barely open my eyes so I just lay there, on bed, wishing my body would stop aching. "Hey Lukas," I immediately relaxed, it was Jesse.

"I don't know if you're awake or not but, I made stew for you." Jesse whispered. "Take care, okay? If you wake up, just call for me, okay?" Jesse said softly, and I opened my eyes a little to see Jesse, with his eyes closed, kissing me on the lips.

"Wh- Jesse?" I mumbled, making Jesse leap up. "Lukas? I-." Jesse turned so red as he stepped back a little. I smiled, "You know what they say about fairytales." I said, laughing a little. Jesse relaxed and raised an eyebrow. "What? You're the princess now?" he teased and I took his wrist gently to pull him next to me.

"Whoa, Lukas." Jesse said and I smiled a little. "Just... stay by me." I mumbled, suddenly tired again. Jesse nodded, and I slept next to him. The last thing I could remember was Jesse's lips against my head.

**********************

Two days later...

Olivia's PoV

I sat down at the table, looking down at my food. I looked up to see two empty chairs. Next to them was Petra, who was cleaning Miss Butter while popping cookies into her mouth. "Hey Petra." I called, making her look up.

"Yeah?" she answered, holding up Miss Butter to let it glimmer. "Where are Jesse and Lukas?" I asked as Axel entered the room, late as usual. "Oh, them." Petra smirked and glanced at the ceiling. "Apparently, Lukas is sick, and so's Jesse."

-End

Hope you liked it AidenTheAuthor it was fun to write 😉