Clarity (AidenxLukas) *Sad*

Listen to Sam Tsui's Cover of Clarity by Zedd to experience this chapter better :) (Highly, highly recommended, really) (Video reference is up above)🔝

Dedicated to: AidenTheAuthor

✧・゚: *✧・゚♡**♡・゚✧*:・゚✧

Aiden's PoV

Aiden stood at the doorway of Lukas's room, sighing. It's been a few months since Lukas was hospitalised... everything just seemed to be falling apart. Aiden needed Lukas right now, his gentle hugs, his kind words of encouragements and the many precious moments they had together. He wasted them all. Every single day, he just got reminded of his best friend in every small thing he came across.

Aiden went over to the foot of Lukas's bed, where there was a small electric keyboard lying on its side. Carefully running a hand across it, Aiden propped it up again, admiring its white polished keys. Aiden pressed a key gently on the piano making him accidentally flinch a little when it made a rather loud echo.

Aiden ran a hand across a yellow sticky note on the side. Frowning a little, Aiden picked it up. 'Play the piano for... Aiden. Song? Clarity?' he read in Lukas's rather shaky handwriting. Aiden looking up and out the window. Lukas would never play the piano now.. he was too sick. Probably... dying.

Aiden stood up, a tear escaping from the side of his right eye. He had to do something. At least one thing to prove that he wasn't giving up on Lukas. Aiden nodded to himself and looked around the room. After awhile, he came to a piece of sheet music, stuck to the side of Lukas's bed.

Sitting on the bed, Aiden started to learn.

✧・゚: *✧・゚♡**♡・゚✧*:・゚✧

"Sir? You cant bring that in here!" a nurse said, running up to Aiden. He glared at her and turned away, not saying anything.

Aiden carried the keyboard to the lift, but to his dismay, it was so full of people. If he had to prove himself... he had to do something worthwhile. Aiden pushed open the doors of the stairs and started to climb up, humming the song he learnt under his breath.

If our love is tragedy why are you my remedy..

Aiden struggled up the stairs, still carrying the keyboard behind him. He had to prove himself. He had to... for Lukas. It was worth it. He was worth it. He just had to repeat it every time.

Lukas was dying... and Aiden had to sing for him... one last time.

✧・゚: *✧・゚♡**♡・゚✧*:・゚✧

Aiden stopped when he came to Lukas's room. With tears streaming down Aiden's cheeks, he opened the door, ignoring anyone who came in his way. "He's not going to make it." someone whispered in his mind. Maybe it was his own thoughts.

"He's never going to make it." Aiden opened his bag to take out the sheet of paper.

"He's going to die, no matter how much you love him." Aiden plugged in the keyboard so that it worked.

"No matter how much you try." Aiden took a shaky breath, closing his eyes.

"High dive into frozen waves
Where the past comes back to life
Fight fear for the selfish pain
It was worth it every time
Hold still right before we crash
'Cause we both know how this ends
Our clock ticks till it breaks your glass
And I drown in you again.."

Lukas stirred a little, opening his eyes to see Aiden standing in front of him, singing softly and playing the piano. "..." he was fading fast and Aiden knew that.

"Cause you are the piece of me
I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly
Still fight and I don't know why."

Aiden's voice broke, tears falling onto the keyboard as he played.

"If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy..
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity.."

Aiden remembered the struggle as Lukas fought the disease which was killing him slowly. When Lukas stopped talking, Aiden's heart broke. But he had to move on, even if it means leaving his one true love behind.

"Walk on through a red parade and refuse to make amends
It cuts deep through our ground and makes us forget all common sense
Don't speak as I try to leave 'cause we both know what we'll choose
If you pull then I'll push too deep and I'll fall right back to you."

"Cause you are the piece of me
I wish I didn't need
Chasing relentlessly
Still fight and I don't know why."

"If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy..
If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity.."

Aiden looked up when he heard Lukas's heartbeat fading. Quickly, Aiden ran a hand over the keyboard, and left it.

"Why are you my clarity?.." Aiden knelt beside Lukas, holding his hand.

"Why are you my clarity.." Lukas looked at Aiden, tears in his eyes. "..."

"If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy..." Lukas opened his eyes weakly when Aiden kissed him. Using all his strength, Lukas pulled Aiden closer, crying.

"If our love's insanity, why are you my clarity.." Lukas and Aiden whispered at the same time.

Aiden smiled as Lukas looked up at him, "I love you.." he mouthed to Aiden.

And at 2:18am, Lukas was gone..

And every night.. if you walked past Aiden's house... he would be singing that last song he'd ever sing with his best friend.

-End