Dragon Claws (M.JessexAiden) (Continued from Deadliest Weapon)

(Continued from Deadliest Weapon, because I found out that HEY, I LIKED THAT WORLD- LEMME JUST- *writes more*)

Jesse's PoV

"That. Was. Amazingly terrifying!" Jesse laughed as he and Aiden ran out of the woods. The other boy smirked, but Jesse noticed that he was holding his arm tightly, his face a little pale.

Jesse stopped running, realising that they were now a safe distance from the cave they had run out of.

"Aiden? What's wrong?"

The other boy shook his head, as stubborn as always but knowing Aiden... he hated showing signs of weakness.

Jesse reached out to grab Aiden's arm. "Ow! Jesse- what are you-?"

Jesse pushed the sleeve of Aiden's shirt up, to reveal three bloody lines, bleeding profusely. "Aiden-!" Jesse gasped with shock and alarm, "What happened?!"

Aiden gritted his teeth, starting to pull his arm away from Jesse but he held it tight. "Fine," Aiden muttered as soon as he realised that Jesse wasn't going to let go. "I got sliced by that stupid dragon as soon as we woke it up."

Jesse muttered a curse that would definitely grant him a time-out by his older sister, Jessica.

Aiden sighed in response and shook his head, "I'll be fine Jesse, really! We can just go down to our local doctor and-"

"Don't you know how to treat dragon wounds properly?" Jesse interrupted, making Aiden frown. The usually chirpy boy looked visibly upset, his eyes as dark as the storm clouds looming above their village.

"Huh? Jesse what are you talking about?" Aiden asked.

Jesse ran a hand through his hair, the ring he got from the Box glittering in the fading sunlight. "Dragon wounds can only be cured by an alchemist, who specialises in potions and spells. You know, that final member of the-"

"Order of the Stone?" Aiden finished, "You mean Ivor? But he's probably travelled somewhere far away from here with that other woman. I think Harper was her name."

"Exactly!" Jesse interrupted again, "That's why we have to find him fast... dragon wounds are fatal and-and I don't want to lose- I don't want you to lose your arm." Jesse corrected himself.

Aiden noticed his slip up, but didn't question it. "Okay then... let's go find this person." he started to walk off but was interrupted again by Jesse's groan of annoyance.

"What now?" Aiden demanded as the other boy rolled his eyes, setting down his bag and pulling out a long roll of bandage. "The least we can do is to cover that steaming wound."

Standing up again, Jesse wrapped Aiden's wounds tightly, making him glare at him. "Hey! Is that revenge or what?"

"It's revenge for being such a dumb idiot. You're the one who wanted the dragon to go after that blonde and Petra."

"I was merely doing Lukas a favour," Aiden winced when Jesse pulled the bandage a little harder, "That blonde always had eyes for Petra. The love of his life. Blah blah blah. He could never shut up about her back in kindergarten."

"That's you," Jesse muttered sarcastically, "Always thinking about the greater good."

Aiden rolled his eyes, "Shut up."

The two continued bickering, even after they left the village, and were out in the plains. "I'm telling you Jesse," Aiden was saying as they walked for another two miles, "We should've gone through that mountain path that leads to the flower forest."