One Last Day in Beacontown (M.JessexPetra)

Jesse's PoV

"Are you sure?" I asked Petra as she packed her chest and closed it. "Yeah, I want to get..." Petra bit her lip, her voice a little shaky, "I want to explore. Beacontown isn't my place." Petra looked at me sincerely. "My place is outside."

I nodded, feeling a little upset but I understood. "I knew you'd understand," Petra murmured as she pulled me in for a hug. "I really hoped you'd follow though," she whispered as I closed my eyes, feeling my tears on the edge. "But I know your place is here..." she smiled at me, "Mayor Jesse." she added, to lighten the mood.

"I'm the Hero in Residence, Petra." I corrected her as she laughed, remembering our time in the caves, when we were looking for Lluna. Petra picked up her sword, Miss Butter. "I'll miss you." I told Petra, trying to hold back. Petra managed a sad smile and together, we walked to the gates. We passed by Stampy's Love Garden and wondered if she would miss me as much as I would miss her.

The whole time we were walking, she was holding my hand, occasionally griping it so tightly but I could tell she was nervous but eager to explore the outside again.

"Goodbye." I said when we reached the bright gates of BeaconTown. Suddenly, Petra trembled and pulled me in for a kiss. I gasped as I felt her tears on my cheeks. When she pulled away, without a word, she blinked twice and turned to leave, waving at me as she walked backwards and out of BeaconTown.

-End