The Great Chase (M.JessexLukas)

Jesse's PoV

I flipped the book upside down, making Lukas roll his eyes. "Is that how you read?" he asked, reaching over and flipping the book the other way round. "I just did that to annoy you." I grinned and stuck my tongue out at him. "Ha ha." Lukas replied sarcastically before settling down on his beanbag.

"Now shut up, I'm trying to read." Lukas said, holding up his book again. I rolled my eyes, bored out of my mind. "Is that all you do? Read and write?" I sighed, picking up a pencil and twirling it around my fingers. "Yes."

I sighed, wondering why did I happen to fall in love with this blonde haired bookworm. "What would you want to do besides writing? Or reading?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation going. "Hang out with you." Lukas replied calmly, flipping a page in his book. I smiled to myself, starting to put a plan into action. This was gonna be fun!

"Then let's go out.!" I said, jumping to my feet and snatched Lukas's book out of his hands. "Hey!" he exclaimed, trying to snatch it back. I grinned and made a face at him. "If you want the book back, come get it monkey!" I teased, opening the door and running down the stairs.

"JESSE!" Lukas yelled, chasing after me. I ran past Petra and Olivia, who were rearranging our treasure in the Order Hall. "Oh no, not again.!" Petra exclaimed, diving out of the way as I ran past the girls. Olivia just continued cleaning, used to our usual fights.

"JESSE COME BACK HERE!" Lukas yelled behind me. I threw open the Order Hall's doors and fled, with Lukas hot on my heels. "You were never the better runner!" I laughed, dodging Stampy as he carried cake back to his house. "Out of the way!" Lukas exclaimed, as he ran past Chase, Jordan and Pinter, who were watching us amusingly.

"GO JESSE!" the three kids cheered as I ran toward's Jack and Nurm's Adventure Emporium. "YO JACK!" I called, skidding to a halt into the shop. "I'LL BORROW THESE! AND THANKS!" I looked around and snatched the elytra from the rack. The very same one I used years ago, when defeating Romeo.

Still clutching the book, I ran outside and barrelled straight into Lukas. I rolled off him and stuck my tongue out. "JESSE COME BACK HERE WITH MY BOOK!" Lukas yelled as I ran back towards the Order Hall. "Ready?" I asked the girls as I raced past them. Olivia winked and gave me a thumb's up.

Oh man, this was gonna be great! Snatching some Enderpearls from the chest, I looked up and timed it perfectly. If I planned it all well (and if I practiced enough) everything should go as planned. I threw one pearl, straight upwards.

I was planning to climb all the way to the top of the tower, the same one Beacontown had rebuilt and the one which had the Terminal Space portal upon it. Lukas barged straight into the Hall just as I teleported up, and holding onto a block.

"Can't catch me! Come on Lukas!" I laughed, throwing another Enderpearl and waving his book around. "Couldn't you just take the elevator?" Lukas called from below. "Pfft. Who uses that?" I asked, aiming and throwing another pearl.

Okay, I had a backup plan, no worries. If I fell, (which is unlikely since I've been practicing for this event for ages) I'd just use my enderpearl to teleport down to the ground safely.

Lukas sighed loudly and entered the elevator. I had to beat him to it. Just as planned, it was starting to get dark and the moon was rising. Perfect! "Here goes nothing." I muttered, climbing up to the top of the tower.

"JESSE!" Lukas yelled, getting out of the elevator and running towards me. "Uh this wasn't what I planned." I said, holding the book out of Lukas's reach. "This isn't funny! You made me run all over town!" Lukas exclaimed. I glanced at the moon, which was almost at its mark. Just needed a few more minutes.

"Okay, you want your book?" I grinned, waving it at Lukas. He rolled his eyes. "Jesse." he said in his dangerous voice he only uses once a year. "Lukas." I imitated, edging closer to the edge of the tower. "Jesse you better give me that book." Lukas said.

I glanced up. Perfect! "Nope." I said. Lukas lunged towards me and just as I planned, I fell off the tower. "JESSE!" he yelled. "Boo, you're never the gutsy one, Lukas!" I laughed, spreading out the elytra and taking out my bow.

"WHAT?! WAIT JESSE-!" Lukas yelled as I jumped off the tower. Just as I practiced, I shot an arrow at a button located down below. With a click, fireworks exploded above us. (A little something Olivia helped me to cook up) Then, Petra held up a firework as I soared towards her. Quickly, I grabbed it and launched myself up into the air. Spiraling into the sky I landed beside Lukas gently.

"Badaboom." I laughed, out of breath. I believe I won for the Best Anniversary performance this year." I said. Lukas just stared at me as I held out a hand.

"No way dummy, I can't believe you planned this!" Lukas laughed, pulling me into a perfect kiss. Call me cliché or whatever, but this was what I imagined, Lukas and I kissing on the tower and fireworks exploding into stars above us.

-End

(cringe)