New Roomates (2/3) (M.JessexPetra)

And thank you so much for 20k reads :') I really really cant thank you guys enough. UGH I DONT DESERVE YALL. ILY 💕🥰🥳

Jesse's PoV

He hesitated a little, unsure.

He's heard about parties here in college. From the books he's read and the people around him. Heck, his best friends, Axel and Olivia, even went to a few parties themselves and came back to tell Jesse about how fun it was.

Which was a little bit of a bad news to him. He's never been good at making friends, much less going to parties.

"You sure it's safe?" he asked cautiously, still looking at Petra's outstretched hand. She rolled her eyes but didn't move, "Of course it's safe Jesse. Don't tell me you've never gone to a 'party' before."

He laughed a little weakly, "Heh.."

She raised an eyebrow, "You haven't? Well.. by the looks of you, I'm not surprised." she smirked.

"Hey! What's that supposed to mean?" he asked, still looking at her hand. She didn't reply, instead, waved her hand a little to indicate that he had to take it. Which left him with no choice.

He sighed, reaching up to take it and for her to pull him up. She was surprisingly strong, and she was a little taller than him, Jesse noticed.

She headed for the door, opening it and walking through without waiting for him. "Wait!" he called, making Petra sigh and turn to look at him.

"Do I look okay?"

Petra started to say something, but thought better of it. "You look fine, Jesse. Now come on." she gestured for him to follow her.

He reluctantly followed her, watching as she pulled on some black fingerless gloves while they walked to the elevators.

Petra was.. well, pretty. And laid back. But Jesse could tell she could be really demanding when she wanted to. And stubborn.

"What are you thinking about huh?"

Her voice snapped him out of his thoughts, realising that he was just staring into empty space. "Oh.. just.. wondering how far this place is." he replied quickly, smiling.

Petra shrugged, "Just a five minutes walk, it's on campus and in the cafeteria, so don't be so nervous. It's not a bar." she added, raising an eyebrow at him as soon as he started to say something.

Jesse exhaled a little, getting into the elevator with her and a few other students, who were out at this time of the night as well. He swore he was in this college for a few minutes.. how did it become nighttime so quickly?

The elevator was quiet, except for some music which came from the headphones of a guy around their age. He looked a little like a nerd, with glasses and jelled up hair. Like a little kid, Jesse thought, amused.

A faint 'ding' sounded and the doors slid open to reveal a cafeteria, as big as his house and just as wide. Indoor, of course but man, this was huge.

At least it wasn't very crowded. Okay, maybe there were about fifty students in here, all talking loudly despite it being nearly nine o'clock at night.

"Come on," Petra reached over and took his wrist, pulling him along and weaving through a group of teenagers, crowded around a computer. "Some students like to use the free WiFi in here, so you'll see the nerds around a lot."

Jesse didn't reply, since he was too busy staring at Petra's fingers, which were wrapped around his wrist.

It seemed like a friendly gesture, but he still felt himself turn a little red. And he was so distracted that he almost missed out everything Petra was saying.

"-is where those bossy 'popular' kids stay," she gestured to a table, where there was a slightly older teenager girl with blonde hair. She seemed to be talking loudly, laughing and surrounded by boys. "Stella and her mindless followers." Petra mumbled.

Jesse made a mental note to stay away from there as she nodded to a group of people, huddled in a corner and playing with cards.

"That's Hadrian and his group of friends." Petra nodded, "Don't join him, since he's always trying to make people bet and stuff. By the looks of you though, he probably wouldn't take notice."

Jesse frowned, now what the heck does that mean?

"And here," she gestured to two boys, who seemed to be arguing over something. But it didn't seem to be very serious, since the brown haired boy was smiling. "Are the two idiots."

"There you are." the blonde on the right leaned against his chair, making Jesse realise that it was Lukas. "We were wondering what took you so long."

"This stupid blonde was just about to give up and leave," the boy on the left told Petra, kicking a chair out for her to sit on.

"O ye of little faith." she replied with a smirk, flicking away a strand of her auburn hair away from her face. She gestured for Jesse to sit, which he did so silently.

"And who's this?" the brunette asked, propping an elbow on the table and grinning right at Jesse.

"Lay off Aiden," Lukas replied, rolling his eyes, "He's Jesse. Petra's new roommate."

"Oh. That cute guy you keep telling me about." Aiden started to smile as Petra sighed.

"You hopeless idiots," she muttered, facepalming herself as Jesse watched, amused, "Anyway Jesse, what do you wanna eat or drink? I'm sure you're hungry."

He frowned, "I don't know.. it's my first time here so.. can you recommend anything?" he didn't know why but..

He found himself wanting to talk to Petra, despite his nervousness. There was something about her that was so calming.

And the way she swept her hair behind her ears as she spoke. Or the way she propped her head up with her arm as she listened to someone speak and the fact that she would always smirk when someone told her something funny.

And well, Jesse did have a few girlfriends before, but he was either too shy to continue the relationship or too stressed out since the girls back in his old school were too bossy.

But Petra was.. surprisingly different.

It was like.
She was a totally different girl.

"The milkshakes are good," Lukas piped up as Aiden, as Petra said his name earlier shoved the blonde's head away, "No, it's the hot chocolate." he protested.

"Milkshake, you dumb fool." Lukas replied.

"Hot chocolate. And who are you calling a dumb fool-."

"And there they go again." Petra sighed, sounding bored as the two boys bickered over the beverages.

"Did you invite me just because you didn't want to hear their bickering?" Jesse asked, smiling as Petra turned a little red.

"Ehhh," she grinned, "You got me. Coming here was a totally bad move though, so let's go." she stood up, and surprisingly, the two bickering boys didn't notice.

"What? Where are you going?" Jesse asked, as he stood up and followed her, leaving the two boys behind as she took his wrist again to lead him through the crowd.

"Just trust me, and follow." she called, heading back to the elevators.

They got in, and he watched as she pushed a button for a place labeled as 'Roof Garden.'

Was that.. where they were going?

Whatever it was.. Jesse felt Petra's fingers around his wrist, despite not being in the crowd anymore.

He trusted Petra anyway.

-End of Part 2