You're Really My Dearest Friend (F.JessexPetra)

(This was based on a song I'm so addicted to ^ video is up there, and for the record, it's one of the best LGBTQ+ songs out there) Song: Jenny by Studio Killers

Jess's PoV

Jess and Petra were in a car, listening to music and driving along the highway. Beside them, was the glittering sea and beach. On the other side, was just endless forests and greenery. Simple, but that's what Jess liked. Alone time with her best friend, Petra.

"Where are we going again?" Jess asked Petra, who was sitting beside her. Jess was driving, since all Petra could drive was a motorcycle, which was cool. "To Lukas's. I heard that he has a party there." Petra smiled, her auburn hair seeming to glow in the bright sunlight.

"You know how I feel about parties." Jess said nervously, looking over at Petra as she looked at herself in the mirror. Probably to check out her flawless makeup. Yeah, they wore makeup because the boys seemed to like it.

Jess watched Petra at the corner of her eye as she reapplied her lip gloss, even though Jess thought there was nothing wrong with it. Everything Petra did was just so perfect.

And well, Jess wasn't interested in boys that is. She was in love with her best friend, the girl sitting beside her. "We'll be there in about five minutes." Jess announced as Petra smiled gently. "Sure, and Jess," Jess felt her heart leap a little when Petra placed a hand on hers.

"Thanks for the ride." Jess smiled wider and hoped that Petra didn't notice the blush rising in her cheeks. "No problem, it's just a short journey anyway." Petra took her hand away and looked out, her hair waving in the wind.

Maybe Jess was a little bit obsessed with Petra. They went everywhere together and Jess was never seen alone. She always had Petra with her. But sadly... Jess pulled up at Lukas's huge mansion, and Petra got out to walk over to her boyfriend, Jesse. (Jess and Jesse aren't related)

Jess sighed to herself and flipped the mirror away, not wanting to see them together. She was jealous of Jesse, for stealing the love of her life. That's why she didn't like him.

Jess sat alone on a bench, holding Petra's bag because she left it in the car. Parties weren't really Jess's thing, so she always kept to herself while Petra hung out with Jesse. Jess didn't mind, since she didn't want to see them together anyway.

All around her, people were partying but Jess stayed alone, waiting for her best friend.

But at least she had something to do... she opened Petra's bag and pulled out Petra's phone and a bunch of makeup. Which was unlike Petra, since she never really wore makeup. It was mostly because of her boyfriend, who insisted she made herself look prettier. But Jess knew that Petra was already pretty with or without makeup.

She took out a hair pin and palmed it, clutching it after awhile and sliding it into her own hair, it's yellow gleam reflecting the lights from the disco ball in the middle of the room. Hopefully, Petra wouldn't mind since the last time Jess took something from Petra, she didn't seem to realise.

But it meant the world to Jess, each time she took something of Petra's. Jess pulled out her own phone and looked around, seeing everyone she knew but thankfully, no one seemed to notice her. She pulled up Twitter and looked across the took to see Jesse and Petra together, laughing and joking around.

But Jess knew, Petra wasn't really happy with him. Oh well. Jess typed a few words into her tweet. 'Jesse has...' she paused, looking up again, feeling jealous. She laughed a little to herself and finished her sentence. 'Jesse has a small head'.

Well, that's the best she could come up with. She saw Petra making her way back to Jess so she kept her phone, sliding it into Petra's bag. The two girls sat together, under the neon blue and pink lights, not really talking but comfortable with each other.

Jess looked down at Petra's hand, which was barely touching Jess's leg. Jess carefully used her smallest finger and touched Petra's gently, so she wouldn't notice. Jess smiled a little at that but she saw that jerk, Jesse, making his way over towards them.

Jess looked at Petra, who was looking at her phone, but still leaving her hand down for Jess to touch. (Secretly, of course) Jess calmed her nerves and decided to admit it. Confess. She couldn't take it anymore.

Jess gently pulled on Petra's sleeve, making the other girl lean towards her, looking at her curiously. Jess quickly leaned toward's Petra's ear and whispered softly, "Petra, take my hand.. we are more than friends and... I will follow you till the end.

Jess held out a hand, making Petra look down at it, shocked. Petra glanced up at Jess, and her eyes shifted towards Jesse, who seemed angry. Maybe because of the tweet Jess sent out. Without a word, Petra gripped Jess's wrist and pulled her up, out towards the back door as Jesse angrily called for them.

Jess turned to see Jesse chasing after them as they ran out of the building. He was almost catching up but Petra was faster, leaping onto a motorbike and pulling Jess behind her. "Hold on!" Petra said, as she kickstarted the bike and drove, leaving Jesse behind.

Jess smiled, leaning against Petra.

"I love you." Jess whispered, as Petra smiled, but didn't say a word.

-End