Rose - My Prince

Tw: blood, rape, suicide, mutilation. Probably all.. My mood is shit rn but I wanna try and finish adding tws to all the chapters so I can change it from on going to discontinued. G'bye then, lovely

"Ray, where do you think you're going?" Manon placed her hands on her hips and frowned. The boy in question spun around, sparing a quick, longing glance at the Lavillant home before walking over to her. "You need to stop looking at that place, okay? It gives me the creeps."

"Y-yeah, I know Manon, I'm fifteen not five. The place is haunted and you're scared, just like the rest of them-"

"And I have every right to be, Ray! You do know what happened there, right?" He rolled his eyes and turned back, starting at the house. It was ancient looking, almost like it hadn't been touched for decades, covered with bramble and cobwebs. He couldn't imagine who was lurking within. He had heard the stories, people who had seen someone in the shadows or heard songs from the balcony. Sadly, anyone who dared to enter never returned. The only man who continued to ramble on and on, described by TVi and the police chief, Roger Raincomprix as a crazy person. He was locked in an asylum, with his eyes gouged out of his head which the police claimed he had done himself and he died there. Crazy, hurt and alone. No one had ventured in since. What he would give to just look inside- "Ray! Are you listening to a word I'm saying-"

"Hmm?" Manon watched his starry gaze rest on the house with a sigh. She didn't know why he was so obsessed but she wanted it to stop. The last known occupant had been Rose Lavillant and her father. She got married to the heir to the throne of the Achu kingdom, Prince Ali, but when she returned from the trip to his kingdom, she was distraught. He had been murdered, his body never found and she had remained in her house. No one had seen her since.

"Ray, please don't go. I'm having dinner with the Agrestes, cant wait to see Marinette and Adrien and their kids, but I need to be sure that you won't go in." He scoffed and adjusted his cap, finally facing her fully.

"Yeah, I bet you would be so sad to see me go, no one to do homework for the great Manon Chamack anymore." She gasped and took a step back. He winced at the venom he could hear in his own voice but refused to apologise. He wasn't sure why he had spoken that way, this was Manon Chamack, the popular girl, the rich girl, the class clown, friends with everyone even a weasel like him... this was the girl he had been crushing on since kindergarten but he couldn't help it. That house... That house meant everything to him. He needed this, he needed his closure... Otherwise, he might as well have joined the man's corpse in the asylum.

"Raymond Donovan, besides what you may think and whatever anyone else thinks, I really do care about you." She ran a hand through his jet black hair and stared right into his eyes. He blinked, shocked by the bizarre and sudden show of affection. She rarely spoke to him in school, unless it was involving homework. He did remember once when they both had to do a project together. He couldn't help but thank his science teacher for that as he spent many afternoons laughing and sharing ideas with Manon, but it ended too soon. It always did. And they were back to the usual, secret glances and shy smiles whenever they could.

She bit her lip and stepped away from him, forcing his eyes to flutter open. He cleared his throat, embarrassed and stuttered out an apology. "I don't need you to apologise, I'm the one who should be apologising actually. It's not easy to be popular, Ray. I would give anything to dump them and hang out with your geeky friends and go to comic con with you. I've always wanted to cosplay as Ladybug or DJWiFi. Promise me you won't go in, Ray. Promise."

"Yeah, okay-"

"Not okay! I've lost my father, my mother is too busy to take care of me and all my friends are fake. I can't lose you too, please?" He nodded, speechless as she walked away. Damned Chamack, he muttered, never ceasing to mess with his head. He walked past the house, on the way to his own apartment that he shared with his mother and two of his sisters when he heard a voice. The most beautiful singing he had ever heard, and it was coming from the house. He walked in, as if in a trance, and followed the singing up the stairs.