"That's fine, Mike. I know you're going through a rough time right now. It's no big deal."

He releases a breath before grabbing my chin more gently and whispers against my lips, "Happy Birthday, Bella."

He kisses my lips in a simple kiss. These kisses remind me of the beginning of our relationship. Mike was the sweetest, kindest boy I'd ever met. He took my mind off everything. He was there when Edward changed classes and was the only one that spoke up to be my partner when he left.

Things just evolved between the two of us.

We pull away a small smile plastered on his lips, "Remember I'll be here in the morning to pick you up, birthday girl."

I smile, "See you in a few hours."

I push the door open stepping out in the cool night air. I close the door quietly behind me and walk toward the house. I heard Mike change gears and speed off down the road. I roll my eyes blinking. The tears finally fall down my cheeks as I come across the tree that leads to my bedroom window.

I groan grabbing the tree limb and beginning the journey up the tree. I sat on the tree limp pushing the window up and crawling back inside the dark cold room. I carefully yet quietly close the window back and look around my room.

The tears had finally dried up on the way up to my room. I dropped my backpack to the floor pulling out my Romeo and Juliet edition from school. I toss it to the bed and pull my clothes from my body. I was exhausted. Sometimes I wish to get sick before bed or after waking so I wouldn't have to see Mike. Then again, if I knew Mike at all he would catch Charlie gone and come investigate himself.

I stood in a tank top and underwear from before. I walked over to my dresser pulling on a pair of stretch shorts. Once they were all the way up my legs, I trudge toward my bed quickly climbing under the warm blankets.

I grab the book from the covers and open it to the book-marked place I left off.

**

I must have drifted off. The next thing I knew I was sitting in meadow typed place. The sun was shining all around me and I was blissfully happy. I was with someone that I couldn't see. The sun seems to reflect off his skin in a strange way as if he was marble that the sun reflected off.

I knew it was boy that's for sure. The blush that fills my cheeks was the biggest clue as to who this person could be. Unlike with Mike the blush wasn't forced and came up on its own free will.

Suddenly in the middle of the dream I saw his smile and my stomach did flips.

Edward Cullen.

He grins at me, "Bella, you don't have any idea the hold you have on me."

My dream self-smiled a huge smile, "Same goes for you, Edward. You don't have any idea the hold you have on me."

Suddenly the sky darkens and before I know the scenery changes. Edward is standing at a grave with a sad expression spread across his lips. I notice a handful of purple flowers in his hand as he reaches down and places the bouquet of flowers on the grave.

Bella Swan

Loving daughter and friend

We miss you Bells

Edward sighs, "Bella why didn't you tell me about Mike?"

He stands to his feet walking away and I can suddenly see my ghost. She tries calling out his name but it doesn't work. He continues walking away until he reaches the forest.