"We should get going. The last thing I need is for the Chief to figure this all out."

I sigh, standing to my feet. I grab my backpack from the floor trying hard not to wince at the pain I feel from my lower back.

That's going to hurt all day, I thought to myself.

I hear Mike grab his keys and then his footsteps walk toward me. He grabs my arm which causes me to wince, he groans, "Bella, fix that when you get home. I swear if anyone at school finds out about this, I will take care of you myself."

I sigh nodding, "I'll wrap it up when I get home."

He sighs releasing my arm before walking to his bedroom door, "Let's go, we don't have all night."

I lower my eyes to the floor before walking out into the silent hallway. Mike's mom was out as usual. Things were just getting harder for them. Ever since losing the store out on the highway Mike's family crumbled. Mike locked his door before walking to catch up with me.

He grabbed my arm more gently and pulled me to the front door. He pushed me out in the warm night air. It was warm outside for a change. I sigh looking down at the watch that covered my wrist.

11:11 am September 12th

Tomorrow was my birthday. I had already told Mike everything about my birthday. He was somewhat excited about throwing a party until I told him not to. It wasn't something I was happy with sharing. I didn't want a party with half the school there for them to find out about what Mike did to me behind closed doors.

I walked across the grass to Mike's car. His mom had to sell her car so she and Mike share this one. I walk around to the passenger side and pull the door open taking a seat. I pull the belt across my torso as Mike climbs in the car jamming the key in the ignition.

"So I'm thinking about throwing a party here at the house. I mean it's got to be better than just us hanging out all night."

I groan, "Mike, I've told you I don't want a party."

He's already pulled the car out on the highway by the time I finished talking. I watch his fingers tighten around the steering wheel to the point his fingers turn a dark purple. I gulp from the anger that's plastered on his face. He pulls the car over on the side of the road before putting the car in park.

I stare out the windshield as he turns his face.

"Bella?"

I gulp again turning my head to face him. His blue eyes are icy and I can already feel the painful bruises he's going to leave again.

His hand comes up to grab my chin staring right into my dark brown eyes, "We are having a party. I don't care if I have to drag you out by the hair on your head, we are having a party. You had better dress appropriately too. If another boy's eyes is on you during the party than you will pay later."

I smile nodding, "Sure thing, Mike, baby."

He drops my chin and changes gears again. I can feel the tears in my eyes trying to fall down my cheeks but I keep them at bay. I stare out the window, as Mike gets closer to my house. He pulls on the side of the road so he doesn't make any noise as usual.

I turn to unbuckle my belt as Mike's hand finds mine. I look up at his face, "I'm sorry, Bella. Things have gotten crazy. I'm sorry and I'll try to stop, I promise."

His promises don't mean anything anymore. He's promised to get help a thousand times already and he still hasn't. He's threatened everyone at school and even Charlie. I can't leave him because I was selfish. I'm not going to kill my old friends or my dad.

Bad Apple [Twilight Fan Fiction] On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara