The First Mistake

"Breakfast is ready, guys!" Seungcheol heard Jeonghan announce one morning as he walked into the kitchen. 12 plates, 12 forks, a bowl of fruit, and a jar of peanut butter decorated the kitchen table, Jeonghan set down a large plate which was stacked with toast aswell. All of the other guys rushed into the kitchen and sat down, digging into their food. The room buzzed with tired conversations.

"Thanks for making breakfast." Seungcheol smirked, walking over to Jeonghan and wrapping his arm around the younger boy's shoulders before he went and sat down with the others. He grabbed a piece of toast and ate like half of it in one bite, sweeping his messy black hair out of his face with his other hand.

Jeonghan came and sat down next to him; his long, silvery-blonde hair was thrown into a messy ponytail, which he quickly pulled out and tried to comb it out with his hands. The leader noticed that he only had a cup of black coffee in front of him, "Are you not eating anything for breakfast?" He asked.

Jeonghan wrapped his long, boney fingers around the cup, bringing it to his lips, "Nah, this is my 4th cup of coffee so I'm good." He replied before taking a sip. The coffee mug covered his nose and mouth, leaving only his eyes visible; Seungcheol thought it was quite cute.

The truth is, he's been in in love with Jeonghan since the day they met 6 years ago. He'll never forget that day:

[FLASHBACK SEQUENCE]

He was a trainee, hanging out inside the Pledis practice room, talking to some other trainees, when their dance teacher called for their attention.

"Ok everyone, we have a new trainee joining us. His name is Yoon Jeonghan," He announced to his class.
By the teacher's side, stood a small, slender boy, wearing a 3-sizes-too-big red tshirt and black jeans. The red shirt really complimented his olive complexion-or at least Seungcheol thought so. His most defining feature, however, was his silky, shoulder length, black hair that framed his delicate facial features just perfectly.

Seungcheol averted his eyes upon noticing that he'd been staring at Jeonghan. He felt his ears turning red as he realized that he might've just fallen in love. He confidently walked over to the new trainee and introduced himself, "Hi, I'm Seungcheol," he extended his hand, which Jeonghan gladly shook.

The dance teacher's ears perked up when he saw Seungcheol, "Oh, that reminds me, Seungcheol, Jeonghan is going to be your roommate now. Hope that's ok," he explained.

Seungcheol thought it was more than ok, he was stoked, though he tried his best to contain himself, "I think that'll be just fine."

[FLASHBACK OVER]

Seungcheol shook his head, realizing that he totally zoned out, "Sorry, what was it that you said a second ago?" He asked, embarrassed by his inattentiveness.

Jeonghan rolled his eyes, "I said I had four cups of coffee today, so I'm not having breakfast," He repeated.

"Well-uh-alright, but you'll be completely hangry by lunchtime. That's what happens when you skip breakfast, " The older boy warned him, cocking his eyebrow as he took another bite of his toast, "How long have you been up anyway?"

Jeonghan took another gulp of coffee, his beautiful, bright eyes matching the color of his drink, "About 2 1/2 hours." He mumbled.

Seungcheol's eyes grew wide, "It's only 7:30! Why the hell would you CHOOSE to wake up at 5 AM?!" He gaped at the younger boy.

"I wanted to watch a couple episodes of 'Reply 1997' before I made breakfast, I started it last night and it's really good. Y'know that guy from that K.Will music video?"

"You mean the 'please don't' music video? That guy?" Seungcheol asked, finishing up his food as they both stood up from the table and put their dishes in the dishwasher. Jeonghan leaned against the edge of the counter casually.

"Yeah, he's in the show. You should watch it, I think you'll like it." He explained, downing the rest of his coffee in one big gulp and pouring himself another cup.

Seungcheol hesitated for a moment before reaching out and gently pryed the mug out of Jeonghan's hands, "Jeonghannie, with this much caffeine in you, you'll be asleep by noon, so maybe no more coffee for today?" He chuckled, setting the mug down. Jeonghan knows caffeine makes him super sleepy.

He picked it right back up, drinking all of it at once, not breaking eye contact with Seungcheol the whole time. He set the empty mug back onto the counter and wiped his upper lip on his sleeve, "What coffee?" He said, his rosy-pink lips curled into a devious smirk.

The older boy laughed at his joke, "Suit yourself, sailor." Seungcheol playfully patted him on the chest and quickly walked away, not letting Jeonghan see him blush. Sometimes it feels like he can't help but smile when he looks at him.

•••

"I told you so. I told you so, didn't I? Yeah I told you so." Seungcheol joked as all 13 of the boys sat in the Pledis Meeting Room, waiting for their manager to come in.

Jeonghan sat to Seungcheol's right, he was hungry, grumpy,tired,and had a headache, "Shut uuuuup!" He whined, resting his forehead on the older boy's shoulder.

Seungcheol patted his head, stroking his hair to make him feel better, "I'm sorry, but I DID warn you about this." He couldn't help but nag a little bit.

"Jeonghan-hyung, you know better than to drink that much coffee. Why did you do that?" Chan asked from across the table.

"Chan, can you please go get me some aspirin. There's some in Jihoon's backpack in the practice room." He mumbled into Seungcheol's hoodie sleeve.

The maknae got all defensive, "No way, do it yourself."

"Dino, Nugu aegi?" Jeonghan groaned, still not looking up. Everyone was surprised when he pulled the 'Nugu aegi' card just to get some aspirin, he must've been feeling really bad then.

"Ugh Fiiine, I'll be right back." Chan grumbled, rolling his eyes and leaving the meeting room.