Chapter Sixteen

Jacob Perez

 It’s been two months, and today is the day we get our little girl. I’m picking her up since Kae has been with her head over the toilet. I grabbed my keys, picking out my afro.

 ‘’Baby, I’m gone.’’ I said.

 ‘’Alri-.’’ She began to say but I heard a loud gagging noise. I walked downstairs, out of the door. I hit the alarm to my Mercedes-Benz. I got in, putting the key into the ignition. I pulled off, turning up to the radio. Kae’lynn just turned six and a half months. She is getting these moodswings like a bitch. One minute, she’s happy and the next she’s cussing me out.

 I pulled up to the airport, parking the car. I took the key out of the ignition, getting out. I grabbed the sign that said ‘’Ayla Perez’’. I walked inside, holding up the sign. I looked down at my black Doc Martens. A little girl ran to me, hugging onto my leg.

 ‘’I take it that you’re Ayla.’’ I said, bending down. She nodded shyly. Tina came walking behind her with the bags.

 ‘’Hi Jacob.’’ She greeted, smiling. I smiled, picking up Ayla. I walked out with Tina following behind me. I hit the trunk button. Tina put the bags into the trunk. I closed the trunk, opening the backdoor. I sat Ayla down in the pink carseat. I strapped her in.

 ‘’Thank you so much for this. My girlfriend and I are so thankful.’’ I thanked her, closing the door.

 ‘’No problem it’s my job. I had to make sure Ayla has a good family and I hope one day she gets to know her real parents.’’ Tina said.

 ‘’What happened to her real parents?’’ I asked.

 ‘’They died in a house fire, Ayla was at her little daycare and that’s how she’s in the system.’’ Tina explained. I nodded.

 ‘’Well thank you again.’’ I said, opening my door. I got in, putting the key into the ignition. I pulled off, turning down the radio. ‘’Do you want anything to eat?’’ I asked. She shook her head, then went back to looking down. I sung along and Ayla started smiling and clapping. I smiled and continued to sing.

 ‘’Jwuice.’’ Ayla said, quietly.

 ‘’You can get juice when we get home.’’ I said. She nodded. I pulled up to the house, pulling into the garage. I got out, opening the back door. I took Ayla out, then walked into the house. ‘’We’re home.’’ I shouted. Kae waddled down the stairs, over to us.

 ‘’Aww, look at her. She’s so pretty.’’  Kae cooed, taking Ayla from me. I walked into the kitchen, grabbing the purple sippy cup we bought for Ayla. I poured apple juice into cup, putting the lid back on. I walked back over to him, handing Ayla her juice.

 ‘’Baby, we got us one on the way and one adopted.’’ I smiled. She smiled, then Ayla smiled. She was so pretty. Kae waddled into the living room, sitting down. She sat Ayla down beside her, turning on the TV. She turned to the Little Mermaid. Ayla giggled, clapping her hands.

 ‘’You like this movie?’’ Kae asked. Ayla nodded, turning toward the TV. I pecked Kae’s cheek.

 ‘’Baby, stop.’’ She whined. I smiled, rubbing her belly. Ayla turned to us, crawling over to Kae. She turned her belly.

 ‘’What’s in hwere?’’ Ayla asked.

 ‘’Your baby brother and sister.’’ Kae smiled.

 ‘’How did get twhere?’’ Ayla asked.

 ‘’Well I gave your mommy some white medicine that made her grow a baby inside.’’ I said. Kae giggled. Ayla nodded, sitting down. I walked into the kitchen, sitting down. What should I cook? I got up, looking in the fridge. ‘’Baby, what do you want for dinner?’’ I asked.

 ‘’What about spaghetti and grape jelly.’’ She suggested. She waddled in with Ayla on her hip. ‘’Move Jacob, I’ll cook dang.’’ She snapped, handing Ayla to me. I walked out of the kitchen, upstairs. I walked into Ayla’s room, handing her a toy. I sat her on the floor, then sat down beside her.

 ‘’Dada.’’ She said, smiling. I smiled, grabbing a toy.

 ‘’You know your mommy is beautiful and smart. She’s just moody right now. I love her so much. I would do anything for her, you and your baby brother or sister. God knows I’ll give my life for her. I knew when I walked out that door about five years ago that I would never be the same again but God gave me another chance and know she’s pregnant with your brother or sister.’’ I told Ayla, who was knocked out.

 ‘’Jacob, baby. I heard everything, I’m sorry for being bitchy.’’ She apologized. I smiled, getting up. I pecked her lips, then walked back over to Ayla. I carefully picked her up, placing her in the crib. I put on the baby motion, walking out of the room. I closed the door, then walked down to the bedroom I share with Kae.

I sat down, waiting for her to walk in. She walked in, sitting down in between my legs. I smiled, pecking her cheek. I’m glad she’s mine.