Chapter Two

Kae’lynn Rodriguez

 I sat down on the bed, rubbing cocoa butter lotion all over my body. Tonight was the date with me and Jacob. I got up, walking into my closet. I slid on my purple lace bra with the matching thong. I slipped on a teal Vila basic officiel tunic, H&M denim jacket, charcoal/turquoise HUF plantlife socks, with grape Air Jordan 5 retro. My hair was down, straight. I grabbed my teal Michael Kors selma studded saffiano leather cross body bag.

 I walked downstairs, grabbing my car keys. I walked out of the house, to my black 2011 Mercedes Benz C-250. I got in, putting the key into the ignition. I pulled off. He told me to meet him at Sunset Grill. I pulled into the parking lot of Sunset Grill. Finding a parking spot, I parked the car. I got out, walking inside. I sat down in the back, waiting for Jacob to walk through the door. I looked down at my nails.

 You would think everything I have is from Jacob, but it isn’t. I work hard for my things, he gave me the Benz as a birthday present.

 ‘’Sweetie, are you going order yet?’’ The nice older woman questioned.

 ‘’No ma’am, I’m waiting on someone.’’ I said, smiling. I sat there on my phone, looking through my Instagram feed. After a while, I grew hungry. ‘’Ma’am?’’ I asked, aloud. She walked over to my table.

 ‘’Yes suga’?’’ She asked.

 ‘’I would like to order your chicken quesadilla, with a strawberry shake.’’ I said. She nodded, walking away. I looked down at my Jordan’s. Where the hell is Jacob at. The lady walked back over with my shake and quesadilla. ‘’Thank you so much.’’ I said. She nodded, walking back over to the counter. I ate my quesadilla and drank my shake in silence. I’ve been here for two hours, I’m done. ‘’Thank you for hospitality. Here is the money to pay for food.’’ I said, handing her the money.

 I walked out of the restaurant, to my car. I got in, putting the key into the ignition, pulling off. I put on my bluetooth, called his cousin/one of my closest friend, Bella.

 ‘’Hello?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Your cousin is going pissing me off.’’ I said, turning the corner.

 ‘’What do Jake do now?’’ She asked.

 ‘’Ok, he said we’re going on a date Saturday night, so I got all dressed up and sat there for two hours. He stood me up. Now, I’m going home to watch reruns of Love & Hip-Hop and to order a pizza. He done really fucked me over.’’ I said, turning into the driveway. I took the key off of the ignition, getting out.

 ‘’Are you serious? I’ve known Jacob to do that. Girl, I would fuss him out as soon as he walked into the door.’’ She said. I put the key into the door, unlocking it. I walked inside, kicking off my Jordans.

 ‘’No I’m tired of yelling, he told me to be a big girl and I am. He’s sleeping on the couch, fucking yelling because he knows that’s what I’ll do when I get mad. So, I’m going to be nice but he’s going to know he did something.’’ I said.

 ‘’It’s whatever. Call me later on. Noah! Get down from there!’’ She said, hanging up. I walked upstairs to the bedroom. I grabbed two pillows and a black blanket. I walked back downstairs, putting it on the couch. I walked back upstairs, to the bedroom. I stripped out of my clothes, slipping on a black Adidas performance sports bra, multicolor print dolphin shorts, with black/white HUF plantlife ankle socks. I put my hair up in a messy bun.

 I called in for a pizza. I got up, walking downstairs to the kitchen. I grabbed a bag of Cheetos. I walked back upstairs, but the doorbell was rung. I walked over to the door, opening it. I seen the pizza man.

 ‘’That’s going to be 13.70.’’ He said. I walked over to the table, getting a twenty dollar bill. I handed it him as he handed me the pizza.

 ‘’Keep the change.’’ I said, closing the door. I opened the box, smelling the aroma of the meat lovers/pepperoni pizza. I walked upstairs to the bedroom. I don’t know why Jacob be acting the way he act, I got all that he wants and needs. I sat down, opening the pizza box. I went ham, then I closed the box. I laid there, listening to the TV. I closed my eyes, falling asleep.

 Jacob ‘’Princeton’’ Perez

 I walked into the house. I walked into the living room, to see two pillows and a black blanket. Damn, I done did something. I took off my Doc Martens, walking upstairs to the bedroom door. I twisted the doorknob, but she locked it from the other side. I walked back downstairs, to the couch. I stripped out of everything except my boxers and socks. I seen a pair of sweatpants on the arm of the other couch. I slid them on then laid down on the couch.

 ‘’Man, this shit uncomfortable.’’ I said, to myself. I turned on the TV, watching All about the Benjamins. I ran my fingers thru my afro, sighing. I love Kae’lynn with all of my heart. This relationship turning for the worst. I want us to work out, but I don’t know.

What do you think? I wish a nigga would stand me up. Leave a comment, vote, follow, and leave feedback.-Daniella